SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking an looking for one of these for the last 3 months. Finally came across this with the saddle interior and couldn't pass it up. 57k miles and really nicely maintained.

Picked it up in CT from a better way wholesale and overall was very happy with the process and the result. I do miss my S60RM but this is nice enough to distract me ;)

Stay posted as we start working on new products upgrades

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Looks real nice and clean.
What kind of products do you have in mind?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Beautiful

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to see some more T5 parts. It's the red-headed step child.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
There are probably more T5 owners but more RD enthusiasts who are willing to shell money on aftermarket parts and bits.
As such, in my opinion, any T5 parts have to be reasonably priced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking forward to the progress on the build and seeing some P3 T5 parts. I love the interior color. I had to settle for the beige/black interior.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks real nice and clean.
What kind of products do you have in mind?
For certain:
Turbo intake
Larger turbo outlet piping
Intercooler
exhaust stuff from Jetex

Possible:
Airbox
.. who knows what else.
I'm open to any and all requests/ suggestions

Beautiful
thanks!
Sweet! Can't wait to see some more T5 parts. It's the red-headed step child.
Oh that's sad. But true. It's such a nice little car I think it's underrated and deserves a serious look.

There are probably more T5 owners but more RD enthusiasts who are willing to shell money on aftermarket parts and bits.
As such, in my opinion, any T5 parts have to be reasonably priced.
good point and duly noted

I'm looking forward to the progress on the build and seeing some P3 T5 parts. I love the interior color. I had to settle for the beige/black interior.
Thanks! yeah I saw a lot of those but the grey interior is my absolute least favorite

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I should see if these would work obviously narrower is better on a snow but they were left from my S60RM. 235/45 17's

they fit nice but I may put 10-15mm spacers on the back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I actually feel like there are more T6's than T5's, at least where I am. I sometimes think I'm the only T5 owner in my city! Every time I see a 2011+ S60 where I am, it's either a T6 or a T6 R-Design. And the majority of them I see have Polestar badges on them... :p

Either way, nice to know that I'm not actually alone haha!!

Kristian, your 850 wagon looks awesome though, pairs nice with your new S60!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
For certain:
Turbo intake
Larger turbo outlet piping
Intercooler
exhaust stuff from Jetex

Possible:
Airbox
.. who knows what else.
I'm open to any and all requests/ suggestions
Exciting stuff.
Anything for the interior?

Tle black wheels look great on the S60. Nice contrast with the white.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Something to allow for front camber adjustment would be great.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The issue is the strut tower will either have to be cut or you'll have to reduce suspension travel or raise the car to get a camber adjustment from up top.

The way I thought about doing it was modifying the lower control arm. But your messing with safety stuff doing that. Loads of stories on the internet from aftermarket adjustable control arms breaking and people ending up in a ditch.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The issue is the strut tower will either have to be cut or you'll have to reduce suspension travel or raise the car to get a camber adjustment from up top.

The way I thought about doing it was modifying the lower control arm. But your messing with safety stuff doing that. Loads of stories on the internet from aftermarket adjustable control arms breaking and people ending up in a ditch.
I took a look at the front end a few months back and came to the same conclusion, unfortunately. I was hoping someone with a more trained eye might see something different.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I took a look at the front end a few months back and came to the same conclusion, unfortunately. I was hoping someone with a more trained eye might see something different.
Something as simple as an offset pushing on the control arm would give you the needed camber. But that takes some talent to make.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Looks great Kristian. Love that saddle interior!
Thanks! got your PM reply incoming. let's get together soon!
I actually feel like there are more T6's than T5's, at least where I am. I sometimes think I'm the only T5 owner in my city! Every time I see a 2011+ S60 where I am, it's either a T6 or a T6 R-Design. And the majority of them I see have Polestar badges on them... :p

Either way, nice to know that I'm not actually alone haha!!

Kristian, your 850 wagon looks awesome though, pairs nice with your new S60!
Thanks!

Exciting stuff.
Anything for the interior?

Tle black wheels look great on the S60. Nice contrast with the white.
Thank you, not sure nothing on the radar yet but we'll see

You stole my project dude ;) ... Tint all the windows
haha well yes I probably will do that.

noted thanks!

So one thing I'd like to know if who designed the wipers on this car? I don't have a lot of gripes yet but the windshield wiper setup is moronic.

So moving on to some performance things our first project is done. We just finished a 3" intake pipe and it's on the car now being tested. I was hoping that I could use the C30 intake on this since it's the same motor but unfortunately that didn't work out. The clearance between the engine and the firewall is a lot tighter on this platform and there was no way to make it work.

Also got some winter floor mats in and as luck would have it we actually had some snow today.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So one thing I'd like to know if who designed the wipers on this car? I don't have a lot of gripes yet but the windshield wiper setup is moronic.

So moving on to some performance things our first project is done. We just finished a 3" intake pipe and it's on the car now being tested. I was hoping that I could use the C30 intake on this since it's the same motor but unfortunately that didn't work out. The clearance between the engine and the firewall is a lot tighter on this platform and there was no way to make it work. So beware if any companies list their C30 intakes as fitting the 2012+ T5's.
Are you talking about how you can't lift the driver side wiper up unless you turn the car off with the wipers on (in the up position)? Yes, incredibly stupid!!

As for the intake... I got the ELEVATE intake to fit in my 2013 S60 T5, I'm 99% sure that it's the same intake for the C30. As a matter of fact, the instructions that were included with the intake were for a C30 (https://www.elevatecars.com/media/pdf/Turbo_Intake_Pipe.pdf). So it will fit, but it's very tight and you have to sort of rotate it as you put it in. Getting at the hose clamps to tighten them up with the intake installed is really tough.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you talking about how you can't lift the driver side wiper up unless you turn the car off with the wipers on (in the up position)? Yes, incredibly stupid!!

As for the intake... I got the ELEVATE intake to fit in my 2013 S60 T5, I'm 99% sure that it's the same intake for the C30. As a matter of fact, the instructions that were included with the intake were for a C30 (https://www.elevatecars.com/media/pdf/Turbo_Intake_Pipe.pdf). So it will fit, but it's very tight and you have to sort of rotate it as you put it in. Getting at the hose clamps to tighten them up with the intake installed is really tough.
Yeah the wipers cannot be lifted up from the windshield without planning ahead to do that. On an icy snowy day when you need to clear the windscreen of ice it's not helpful. Also they are positioned so low that the heat from the defroster doesn't get to them and there's no electric deicer. Kinda shocking like they forgot to check that before completing the car.

Oh well that's good, (I should not include other companies in that statement then) Ours will be much easier to install and not have indentations to create firewall clearance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Climate package heated windshield does a great job at de-icing the wipers.

Also, to lift your wipers do this:

1. Insert the remote key into the ignition slot1 and press the START/STOP ENGINE button briefly to put the ignition in mode I (see page 87 for detailed information about the ignition modes).
2.Press the START/STOP ENGINE button again briefly to switch the ignition off.
3.Within 3 seconds, move the right steering wheel lever up and hold it for at least 1 second.
>The wipers will then move to the vertical (service) position on the windshield. The wipers can be returned to the normal position by pressing the START/STOP ENGINE button briefly to put the ignition in mode I (or by starting the engine).

VAG and BMW products are similar for this.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts