SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

So I finally got around to installing my Snabb Turbo Intake Pipe. It sounds awesome, looks great, and I can feel the difference in the throttle response, but... any1 notice anything?

On a side note I am also doing the same rotor upgrade that NJGB did. Just waiting on the caliper braces. And i cant wait to buy my tune.

I will also have photos of the up comming downpipe install.

-Craig

·
Registered
146 Posts
I give up what am I missing? Its too early for these games :D

Is it the extra hose clamp sitting on the transmission?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the Snabb logo on the silicone connector is printed upside down! lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lol I did notice that but figured that no one else would since i'm OCD with stuff like that. I wonder if they are all like that?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
that means you have 5 hp less due the wrong letters lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol I did notice that but figured that no one else would since i'm OCD with stuff like that. I wonder if they are all like that?

Nope.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're still using the factory air box?
Yes with a K&N filter. I've heard from a number of people it is not worth upgrading on the LPT.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
worth ir or not, you are not hearing the turbo!!! which is the most beautiful thing on this cars lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
worth ir or not, you are not hearing the turbo!!! which is the most beautiful thing on this cars lol.
Hmmm. Ok, let me ask you guys this then. Considering im in Canada and I like the guys over at EST is there intake worth it for $200?

Besides the Elevate Intake. Which is the best?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
you know what you should do? snabb intake and put a 3" filter!. Done. Heat shield is for look considering the temp of the turbo. The important fact is how cold is the air touching the intercooler. How do i know? i compared temp readings with air box, heat shield+filter and just the filter. You cant guess which temp was higher?. Clue, comes with the car stock :).

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's a really good point volvos60t5x. I never thought about how insignificant a few degrees on the intake temp would actually be considering how much the turbo heats it up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You know, I have the Snaab intake with the EST setup and because of the heat shield, the Snaab silicone piece is kind of smashed up on and rubs up against the fuse holder.. I haven't done it yet but I'm going to need to bend the heat shield from the EST intake, but kind of a pain in the A$$.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
That's a really good point volvos60t5x. I never thought about how insignificant a few degrees on the intake temp would actually be considering how much the turbo heats it up.

I've been saying this for years, always catch flack but it's true, there is actual data out there that shows it's negligent AIT between open, closed stock or cone filter w/ w/o heat shields on turbo or super charged cars. The biggest part of this puzzle is the heat exchanger, the intercooler, that's what takes the 400'F compressor outlet charge and brings it down to 100'F at the throttle, your heatshield makes no difference. You want lower AIT, get a better FMIC or aux water/meth injection.

EST, sells a heat shield for around $200 which is what I spent on my FMIC kit......

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
For sure that one is limited edition

1 - 17 of 17 Posts