SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into this. Any pros and cons regarding this kit? How does it feel compared to stock?

Thanks

PFA

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have it and like it no cons shorter shifts is always a good thing imo.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Feels nice, but a little more effort to put it into gear then i’d like IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's very well done, and while the shift effort is higher, it's nowhere as much as some of the other short shifter kits I've tried in other cars.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Snabb short shifter with delrin bushings is a must have for this car. Easily one of the best things I have done to it. Treat yourself to a new shift knob while you are at it!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
854 Posts
I love the change the snabb short shifter stalk + delrin bushings made to gear changes on the M66. Had it for probably 70k miles and would never go back. Shift effort is higher, throw is shorter, and engagement is much more precise.

·
Registered
2006 V70R M66, Titanium/Atacama
221 Posts
I've been having occasional trouble getting mine into 3rd on stock setup, maybe 1 in 10 shifts. Seems like it gets stuck half way into gear, then I back out and try again it'll go into gear. Problem is if I don't catch myself when shifting and this happens, I get harsh awakening as the trans grinds.

Does this sound like a shifter issue, or something else? Would the short throw resolve this?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been having occasional trouble getting mine into 3rd on stock setup, maybe 1 in 10 shifts. Seems like it gets stuck half way into gear, then I back out and try again it'll go into gear. Problem is if I don't catch myself when shifting and this happens, I get harsh awakening as the trans grinds.

Does this sound like a shifter issue, or something else? Would the short throw resolve this?
If you're lucky, it's a badly adjusted shift link cable. More likely, it's a bad synchro or something else inside the tranny. Short throw shifter will only make it worse.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
854 Posts

On my stock M66 setup that I drove for 60k miles, I used to get this weird 2-3 shift with it popping out of gear and/or not engaging properly which resulted in grinding gears. Used to only happen maybe 1/50 shifts but was very annoying. After installing the Snabb short shifter the problem went away (been fine for the next 60k miles), but I can't say that it definitively fixed it as I was never able to figure out the root cause.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts