SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are proud to re-release our popular short throw shifter for S60R & V70R's!

From now until January 31st we are running a pre-order discount of 20% off, ORDER NOW to get the discount!

6M short shifter WITH BUSHINGS retail price $229.95 Group buy price $179.95

6M short shifter WITHOUT BUSHINGS retail price $199.95 Group buy price $159.95

Our short throw shifter is lathed and machined from 2 pieces of 304 Stainless steel. It reduces throw by ~25%, and shortens the height of the shift knob while allowing use of the stock R shift knob! Installation takes 1-2 hours and only requires a small amount of modification to the shifter base to install.

We have worked on several different designs for the R short shifter. Through trial and error we have found that the in-car stick short shifter yields the best user experience. There is very little increase in effort compared to other designs, plus our design performs two functions at the same time: reducing shifter throw while simultaneously reducing the height of the shift knob creating a true short shifter. Our kit also includes super hard delrin shifter assembly bushings (2x harder than aluminum), a replacement spring clip from Volvo and installation instructions.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
What are the minor modifications required to the shifter base?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
It's a rib on the back of the shifter base. Probably 5 minutes of grinding with a dremel. This is not a structural area of the shifter base and makes no difference to the integrity of the base.
Awesome! Is most of the 1-2 hours center console removal/reinstall related? Do you have the installation instructions available digitally?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Thanks! I also PM'd you on a related topic.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
In for group buy!/ ordered

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Has anyone installed the twm shift knob or any threaded shift knob on the snabb kit? I wondered if it is harder to thread it because of the strengthened metal.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I'm pretty sure people have.

It comes with the pin for mounting the stock shift knob not installed, for that reason.

Personally, I just installed an S60T5 sport shift knob.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I ordered the twm m1 so I will see how it goes

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone installed the twm shift knob or any threaded shift knob on the snabb kit? I wondered if it is harder to thread it because of the strengthened metal.

As long as you have a good quality sharp die then it will be fine. Lots of other folks have done that with the aftermarket knobs. 304 is a little easier to machine than say 316 for example which is why we chose it.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Order placed! Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I cant find it but wasnt there a video showing just how shirt the throws are with this shifter and also this shifter with the twm short shift plate.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I cant find it but wasnt there a video showing just how shirt the throws are with this shifter and also this shifter with the twm short shift plate.
The original release post for the SNABB short shifter had it...I found it by accident yesterday and CANNOT find it right now.

EDIT:
soupandspoons had this post about having the two together. I can't see the photos, but I'm at work, so that may be why:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-impressions&p=1813418&viewfull=1#post1813418
He's online right now though, so if they aren't showing for anyone else, he may be able to help.

EDIT2:
Here's the post with the video:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...er-and-bushings-for-04-07-V70R-S60R-GROUP-BUY!

EDIT3:
volvoracer (the designer of the SNABB short throw?) also recommended replacing the following parts:

4 - Ball seat - 9183908
5 - Ball socket upper - 9183909
6 - Ball socket lower - 9183910
9 - Bushing - 9183913

Here's his photos from install:
http://s735.photobucket.com/user/ad...Volvo V70R/SNAB Short Shift Pix?sort=3&page=1

EDIT4:
The cheapest source I could find for that group of parts shipped is Tasca Parts:
4 - Ball seat - 9183908 - $15.25
5 - Ball socket upper - 9183909 - $22.13
6 - Ball socket lower - 9183910 - $22.13
9 - Bushing - 9183913 - $15.97

Shipping ~ $9
Total ~ $85

1 - 20 of 81 Posts