SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed my Snabb Intake pipe and almost a week of driving I thought I'd give my review.

The Good
-The install wasn't as bad as everyone makes you think... certainly not nearly as bad as installing the Viva Intercooler but it is a little tight.

- As far as power the caR pulls a little bit harder up top and I noticed that it holds ~21psi all the way up through the RPM range where before it used to drop to around ~19psi at redline.

The not so good

- for the first few days the caR had a noticable dead spot at light throttle and low rpm's but it is getting better the more I driver her.

Overall:
Good modification for the money but certainly not something I would start out with as it is kind of a running-out-of-things-to-do modification.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for the image hotlink!

Is there any interest in a "year end package deal" on our CBV upgrade, SNABB intake pipe and silicone vacuum hoses? The more interest, the bigger savings!
This could work. As long as there are still enough members on here without either of those.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The Good:

The sound of the turbo spooling up :D
Almost forgot about this lol... I can't stop getting in and out of boost now- just to hear the cbv valve! ... and George do you have any Rica tune deals coming up? Even if you don't I have a friend who will be ordering from you soon.

Reset the ECU to get that "dead spot" out.
Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

Is there any interest in a "year end package deal" on our CBV upgrade, SNABB intake pipe and silicone vacuum hoses? The more interest, the bigger savings!
If you offer discounts on all of them I'd definitely pick up the CBV and some vac lines, but I already have the snabb intake.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Count me in minus the vacuum hoses.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice to read. :) Got my snabb pipe in the garage, plan was to change to viva fmic and cbv at the same time so aint got all parts yet. So discharged CBV would be super George! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'm in.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,417 Posts

Im very interested in the CBV and hoses. I already have the intake pipe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Almost forgot about this lol... I can't stop getting in and out of boost now- just to hear the cbv valve! ... and George do you have any Rica tune deals coming up? Even if you don't I have a friend who will be ordering from you soon.

Thanks for the advise
+1 on RICA deal !! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
In for CBV discount.

Parts arrived today, George. All hail George.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I'm in for it. PM me the info.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I Love My Snabb Parts I've Bought -
98 C70 - Shifter Mount Bushings, Short Shifter, Idle Motor Hose, Turbo Inlet Hose, Intake Manifold Gasket, NT TB Kit
06 S60 R - Turbo Inlet Hose

Kristian (at SNABB) Has Always Been Helpful and I Think It's Great That A TRUE Enthusiast Of These Cars Is Doing All These Cool Performance Mods That Otherwise and Larger Corporation Would Not Think Would Be Worth Doing....

Note - He Also Sells The ARDideas.com ECM Upgrades Cheaper Than ARDideas Does. Lucky/Robert (from IPD, Now Runs ARDideas.com)) Has A Great Alternative (and Better Maps = More Power) Than The Higher Priced ECM (IPD, RICA, Elevate) Upgrades Out There. I've Had IPD and Have RICA Now, Both Very Disappointing On A Dyno, On My S60 R. I Just Need To Save Up To Do ARDideas Upgrade So I Can Unleash My K26 Upgrade......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts