SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow R owners;

A question regarding my Snabb intake. A while back I was cruising on the highway when I gunned the throttle and then heard a loud pop and then the car died. After having it towed back to my local garage where they said the intake pipe came off. I didnt get a chance to ask the mechanic if he meant the Snabb intake or the inter cooler to throttle body pipe. If the Snabb intake popped off would it cause the car to die?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
If it was the snabb pipe the afr would not be right so my guess it would not run good if at all if it blew off after the maf.

·
6,444 Posts
I doubt it's the intake pipe that popped off - it doesnt generate enough intake pressure. It must have been the after-turbo pipe such as OTE or IC...

if you have an aftermarket IC, I presume it was the IC-TB pipe...

if not, then it could have been your OTE coupler that comes out of the turbo - there was a thread about it the other day (HERE)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Hey, these are highly intelligent cars, it doesn't take much to make them die if it can and will endanger the engine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I doubt it's the intake pipe that popped off - it doesnt generate enough intake pressure. It must have been the after-turbo pipe such as CAP or IC...

if you have an aftermarket IC, I presume it was the IC-TB pipe...

if not, then it could have been your CAP coupler that comes out of the turbo - there was a thread about it the other day (HERE)
*Fixed

(technically the IC should be CAC as well...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts