·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not that I've ever seen.
I balked at the price, too. Then I bought one. I quickly bought a 2nd when I got another Volvo.
Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
Yes they do. Very nice piece it fits better then factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they do. Very nice piece it fits better then factory

Do you recall if it’s a seasonal or random sale period? Contemplating buying it now but don’t want to see a summer sale in a few months. I, like others, hate paying full price for stuff.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I like the R one a lot... it's also a lot more user friendly because its 3 pieces. And if you need to access things on the back of the engine or on top of the transaxle you can leave the elbow on the compressor inlet.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reached out to them and inquired about any potential sales. They threw me a 10% off coupon, so I just bought it. I hear it can be a bear to install, we will see.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I didn’t have any trouble installing it, although the PTC(?) was fairly difficult to get in. I used soapy water to help slip over the turbo and MAF. Don’t use any WD40 or penetrating oils as they don’t dry so the pipe may come off

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
Super easy to install the p2 version. Just take the top engine mount cross bar off and all the working room you need is there.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, makes me feel better about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok newbie on this, what are the advantages to this, Performance I assume? how noticeable and mileage? I saw the post on access with the 3 pc assembly. Brief run down on advantages would be appreciated, looks like this is a well liked change.

Thank You
Edit: did you replace the stock air cleaner box as well?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok newbie on this, what are the advantages to this, Performance I assume? how noticeable and mileage? I saw the post on access with the 3 pc assembly. Brief run down on advantages would be appreciated, looks like this is a well liked change.

Thank You
Newbie as well but from what I have learned... the oem air pipe restricts airflow, so this is a relatively lower cost mod to open that up. Of course the next step, I presume, is the addition of a 3” Downpipe.

I don’t plan on changing the air box.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like it gos on the shopping list, like any motor help it breathe! On the Snabb down pipe which also looks very nice, I Wonder how many (without incriminating anyone) opt for the 3" race pipe vs the cat down pipe for more performance and a substantial cost savings??
I will stay tuned to both the Fresh air pipe and the down pipe, for now my project list will be the IPD sway bar kit (F&R) and move the fresh air pipe into the next project.

Best Regards

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Sounds like it gos on the shopping list, like any motor help it breathe! On the Snabb down pipe which also looks very nice, I Wonder how many (without incriminating anyone) opt for the 3" race pipe vs the cat down pipe for more performance and a substantial cost savings??
I will stay tuned to both the Fresh air pipe and the down pipe, for now my project list will be the IPD sway bar kit (F&R) and move the fresh air pipe into the next project.

Best Regards
If that's going on your shopping list, also consider either the IPD blue drop-in air filter or the eurosporttuning cold air intake. From what I hear, IPD runs better than k&n because the MAF on these cars gunks up VERY easily (IPD has no oil, k&n has a lot of oil on the filter), and the eurosporttuning intake makes cool turbo sounds, but might be a bit less restrictive in terms of dust/pollen. Easy fix, just put an air filter bag on it.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
LMAO!

Those filters are all junk. And the car has a great cold air intake stock... if you really want an upgrade the R airbox is good to like 500hp.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I ran the the stock box and OE filter for years with great numbers. AEM 8" dryflow filters are a nice upgrade for the stock MAF, but the R box has a larger diameter MAF and a better filter. The R MAF requires software modification... So if you want good flow on a stock setup just get the pipe and keep a fresh OE paper filter.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I ran the the stock box and OE filter for years with great numbers. AEM 8" dryflow filters are a nice upgrade for the stock MAF, but the R box has a larger diameter MAF and a better filter. The R MAF requires software modification... So if you want good flow on a stock setup just get the pipe and keep a fresh OE paper filter.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
Good to know. I put an IPD on mine and noticed a bit more sound, but I'm sure it's letting in more contaminants. Either way when I changed it out after I bought the thing it had a rat's nest in it, so anything was better than that...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the air filter tips, I like K&N but I have them on Carbs, good tip on keeping the MAF clean dry of oil.

Regards

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thought I would bump this up, they are having a sale, the regular price $195 is now $165 if anyone else was waiting, I ordered mine.

Regards

·
Registered
2004 XC70 AWD Auto
61 Posts
Thought I would bump this up, they are having a sale, the regular price $195 is now $165 if anyone else was waiting, I ordered mine.

Regards
Thanks for bumping this with the info. Guess I have no excuse to not pick one up now!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Installed this yesterday, another happy customer!! and +1 for removing the upper motor support bar for access.
Again thanks to all for the tips and recommendations on this.

Best Regards

1 - 20 of 35 Posts