1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

ON SALE! $450

Volvo 850 front mount intercooler kit

NOW IN STOCK!

Snabb is proud to introduce our complete bolt-on front mount intercooler kit for Volvo 850's and 98 70 series. I've mocked this up on three cars and made three sets of prototypes to get fitment as nice and simple as possible. There are very few modifications needed to make this work. It fits around the foglights, tow hook, AC dryer and fits both 850's and 98 5spd vehicles. See below for specs. You DO need to REMOVE SAS on 97-98 vehicles. If anyone wants help with the SAS removal we can advise, there is a good writeup on VS. We also can electronically remove SAS from your M4.4 ecu (retrofits for 850's) for an additional $85.

Introductory price is $495.00 When the next version comes out later this year that will work with both auto and manual cars the price will go up slightly to $550 for the complete set.

Also I do have a couple extra sets of intercooler piping only left. The rock bottom price for the IC piping kit (no intercooler) is $325. That is a discounted price so no discounts on top of that. Retail on the piping, silicone, clamps is currently $360

**Again Please note this version of the kit is for MANUAL transmission vehicles only.

Our kit features:

• 24" x 6" x 2.5" 500 cfm core supports up to 350 HP
  • 4 polished mandrel bent 2.25" & 2.5" 6061 aluminum pipes
  • heavy duty 4mm silicone couplers
  • 300 series Stainless steel Clampco Tbolt clamps
  • Bolts to Turbo intake manifolds and Big bore intake manifolds
  • Includes capped 1/8" npt bung for water injection nozzles
  • Mounting brackets and hardware.
  • Installation instructions

Important notes:
-Requires SAS delete to fit on 97-98 vehicles.
-Fits 5 speed turbo's only (Automatic/ manual version coming soon!!)
-Please allow two days for processing of your order.
-International shipments welcome!

here is one installed pic. I can get more up later.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
looks really nice!!! good look

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Finally a price point that's actually attainable by the masses. :)

Once the auto+manual kit is finalized, any plans for the ME7 gen1 cars in the far far future?

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally a price point that's actually attainable by the masses. :)

Once the auto+manual kit is finalized, any plans for the ME7 gen1 cars in the far far future?
Hey! yessir I am well on my way towards P2 kits. Oh and Aaron and I completed the revision to the 850 kit this monday so when I get my next order in they will be Auto/manual. We only had to slightly alter the cold side lower pipe to make it fit.

K

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi i have a 94 855 turbo wagon automatic will be converting to stick ... do you have kit i can use right now and after the conversion or should i wait for the combo kit
thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lpols awesome like all your products! I'll be saving up for an auto version...

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi i have a 94 855 turbo wagon automatic will be converting to stick ... do you have kit i can use right now and after the conversion or should i wait for the combo kit
thanks
You'd have to wait for the New release in a couple of months with the updated pipe. Second revision will have one pipe that will fit either Manual or Auto

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About how long does installation take?
Depends on a few things.

1. your skill level and familiarity with the car obviously
2. whether you remove existing intercooler or not
3. whether you've already removed SAS or not.

For a 98 with the SAS already dealt with and if you leave your intercooler in I could see it taking under 4 hours for someone familiar with the car, possibly even faster since the 98 bumpers are pretty easy to remove.

If you have to remove the SAS and want to remove the IC then I could see it taking 6-8 hours.

BTW I'll post up some newer pictures soon but all the piping has flared ends unlike the picture. Just wanted to clarify that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks good! I like it. I will have to wait for the revision since mine is an 98 V70R auto. My SAS is already gone so I am good to go!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
include the manual version?

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts