SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some time to install the SNABB pipe today. What a PITA to get to.
Took me about 3 hours start to finish. I removed the airbox, crossbar and the OTE pipe. I also had to remove the wastegate bolts from the turbo (but not the whole wg was out) to get to the clamp bolt. I got the usual share of scrapes and bruises on my hands.
The pipe produces zero new sound, so I don't know what the hype is all about, but I did notice a BIT of improved response. Worth it? I guess so...it's cool to have a new part installed in your caR

Oh, I also swapped my plugs. after 30K miles they still looked pretty good.

AN\nd finally, when I went to start the car, I forgot to connect the IC hose to the OTE pipe, so it popped off and the car died (you can see it in the video below towards the end 42nd second) ... scared me for a second - I thought it was snabb related haha

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
looks good.

Nice too see someone else with a dirty engine like myself :D most the engines I see around here look like they have been handled with white gloves on.

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good.

Nice too see someone else with a dirty engine like myself :D most the engines I see around here look like they have been handled with white gloves on.
Actually my engine is typically very clean, but I have to admit that I havent cleaned it in a year ever since I moved to the city and keep the car far from here.
I'm going to clean the engine bay in two weeks - she'll be back to normal! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.