SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys this is from my (first and oldest Volvo) 1995 850 T5 with a manual swap, 2002 RN motor swap, 19t, 3" DP no cat, and a Beust 20psi Tune.

At first I thought this exhaust was too quiet because it's not intrusive or droning but the sound as it turns out is actually really nice at WOT and I absolutely love it. Hope you enjoy!

CHeck out all my Jetex exhaust systems CLICK HERE

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Sounds great, love the chirp in second!

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds and looks awesome Kristian ...i would have replace my current obx... but 2.5 " man??? you should have went 3 "...that would sell non stop !
Thanks Dougy, unfotunately I don't have any say in the piping diameter Jetex uses, 3" is great and I do love the sound of a full 3" system but at the same time there are benefits of having a 3" to 2.5" system namely it's not annoying at speed (subjective...) With cooler temps and denser air at the end of the exhaust system it really doesn't make for a significant restriction. My setup is 3" through the middle of the car then drops to 2.5

This system isn't for everyone. The one on my car now (shown in the clip) is the loudest one they make and even that, to many peoples standards, can be tame. The two resonator systems are very close to stock in volume but with a freer flowing and better sounding note so it's on the conservative side of things. This system walks the line of great sound, no drone, and actually a very subdued note at idle and cruise. All of these things being incredibly subjective of course! As a reference, OBX is quite a bit louder than this setup in every way.

I am actually looking to find an additional exhaust supplier to broaden the offerings such as a 3" system, and downpipes. But haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Who knows maybe we'll start making them ourselves someday.

Also should be noted that on Jetex's newer systems (V60, S60 II etc) they are 3" to 2.5" systems instead of being 2.5" all the way.

regardless of all that it sounds great and I love putting my foot down in 2nd and 3rd gear!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks Dougy, unfotunately I don't have any say in the piping diameter Jetex uses, 3" is great and I do love the sound of a full 3" system but at the same time there are benefits of having a 3" to 2.5" system namely it's not annoying at speed (subjective...) With cooler temps and denser air at the end of the exhaust system it really doesn't make for a significant restriction. My setup is 3" through the middle of the car then drops to 2.5

This system isn't for everyone. The one on my car now (shown in the clip) is the loudest one they make and even that, to many peoples standards, can be tame. The two resonator systems are very close to stock in volume but with a freer flowing and better sounding note so it's on the conservative side of things. This system walks the line of great sound, no drone, and actually a very subdued note at idle and cruise. All of these things being incredibly subjective of course! As a reference, OBX is quite a bit louder than this setup in every way.

I am actually looking to find an additional exhaust supplier to broaden the offerings such as a 3" system, and downpipes. But haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Who knows maybe we'll start making them ourselves someday.

Also should be noted that on Jetex's newer systems (V60, S60 II etc) they are 3" to 2.5" systems instead of being 2.5" all the way.

regardless of all that it sounds great and I love putting my foot down in 2nd and 3rd gear!

Can you offer any Comparison against the Current offered IPD - Catback System?

My buddy just got a Improper equipment = Noisy Exhaust ticket in Virgina... While this charge is Subjective to the state troopers discretion he knows it is "louder" than most.

I have a older TME / IPD System that is MUCH queiter than IPD's current offering.

Needless to say - I have sent him your way for ideas of changing to this Jetex system - With a Center resonator. ( Ipd has no center resonator)

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you offer any Comparison against the Current offered IPD - Catback System?

My buddy just got a Improper equipment = Noisy Exhaust ticket in Virgina... While this charge is Subjective to the state troopers discretion he knows it is "louder" than most.

I have a older TME / IPD System that is MUCH queiter than IPD's current offering.

Needless to say - I have sent him your way for ideas of changing to this Jetex system - With a Center resonator. ( Ipd has no center resonator)
Ah yes Virginia the land of misdemeanor speeding tickets. The New IPD system really sounds amazing in my opinion but it's at a similar volume level as the OBX which is loud by many standards.

I've had the old IPD (TME) dual muffler exhaust on my 850 also and that's a similar volume as this Jetex single muffler system (probably a few decibels quieter) that's in the video.

Jetex actually has three different exhausts available for the 850

Single muffler / single outlet - 304 Stainless steel (In the video)
lifetime-first purchaser-warranty

Single muffler / dual outlet - 304 stainless steel (same but with additional exhaust tip -this is the coolest one!)

Dual Muffler/ single outlet -409 stainless steel

The quality of these kits are really exceptional. I'm not 100% sure but I wouldn't be surprised if these were made in the same factory that did the TME exhausts. Fit and finish and overall quality are the same. This is something you cannot get with OBX or cheaper systems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there some reason the dual muffler system uses 409 stainless instead of 304? Why not use the higher quality stainless?

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there some reason the dual muffler system uses 409 stainless instead of 304? Why not use the higher quality stainless?
In order to offer an even more reasonably priced option. They're both stainless and both gauranteed for life with the original purchaser so you don't have anything to worry about. Nevertheless a good and valid question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts