SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Snabb turbo intake pipe today. Very Nice fit.

Hose orientation on pipe - orienting the clamps thus allows access to both with 7mm socket

install hose on turbo first.

tighten lower clamp

insert hose to approx 47mm depth - I made the mark to orient hose/clamp/pipe - I use a little vaseline to ease pipe insertion

install pipe & tighten clamp - no chaffage on AC pipe or Cam cover

In place

I'll get a better install pic in the daylight - it was dusk when I finished

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using the Elevate Air Filter / Pipe with it does require a little finagling as the offset is slightly off - you can see I have the black coupler cocked slightly to get the Elevate pipe at a good angle. The Snaab setup is intended for stock airboxes. They will also be offering the coupling to mate with K16 setups.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the Elevate pipe on already - so not a transition from stock setup. Going from stock to this would be much the same - a significant improvement in response & sound. If you are still running stock airbox, it would behove you to invest in the ECU spacer ... Difference between this & Elevate would be better overall fit, and improved flow under higher load, since it doesn't have the crushed area near the AC line of the Elevate version.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Going from stock to this would be much the same - a significant improvement in response & sound. If you are still running stock airbox, it would behove you to invest in the ECU spacer
I'm considering one of the Snabb intake pipes for the PLE. Why would one need an ECM spacer if staying stock? Not sure what that does...

·
Super Moderator
15,205 Posts
The spacer just pushes the ECU out a little bit further, allowing more volume within the intake box and less air resistance as air flows into the upper intake pipe.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
The spacer just pushes the ECU out a little bit further, allowing more volume within the intake box and less air resistance as air flows into the upper intake pipe.
Ok, cool. Thanks, Michael. I suppose for my granny style driving, this would be needless. The intake pipe is too, but I really want more sound out of the PLE on the cheap!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If you really want more noise and be cheap, get one of those specter cone filters for $30 at autozone or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Snabb 3" Intake Pipe Install

Well, if you really want noise, you get the snaab plus cone filter. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Pulled the trigger on the Snabb pipe last night. Eager to install it on the PLE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fit tweaking on the Snabb turbo pipe

Tweaked the Elevate filter elbow bracket for better alignment with the MAF/Snabb intake pipe

lookforjoe - can you advise how much "finagling" is required to get the Snabb pipe to fit the Elevate air intake? I have the same set up that you had prior to your change. I too can't get the Elevate pipe to fit without rattling, no matter how much rubber/neoprene I put around the other parts it comes into contact with.

So, I'm ready to go through with a new purchase, but want to make sure that a DIY guy with pretty decent wrenching skills and tools can make this fit without major compromise and that the final fit it okay. Can you confirm?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lookforjoe - can you advise how much "finagling" is required to get the Snabb pipe to fit the Elevate air intake? I have the same set up that you had prior to your change. I too can't get the Elevate pipe to fit without rattling, no matter how much rubber/neoprene I put around the other parts it comes into contact with.

So, I'm ready to go through with a new purchase, but want to make sure that a DIY guy with pretty decent wrenching skills and tools can make this fit without major compromise and that the final fit it okay. Can you confirm?
Sorry - didn't catch this earlier - I just had to bend that plate with the pin on the Elevate pipe (in front of the arrow in the pic) on an angle to allow the pipe to sit further to the left. It's actually cocked somewhat with the elevate piping, just not so much as to be an issue are I felt it to be with the Snabb piping.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh man, that pipe would benefit greatly from being wrapped in a reflect-a-gold
Why, so it can keep the heat in?

Wrapping intake piping doesn't make much sense, unless race/track car.

I'll add a hood vent like on my XR before I wrap any intake piping...

Unless you meant to cover up my not so pretty welds ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts