SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one,

I have an XC70 2004 and its started to blow smoke on the tail pipe, is not inmediatly, but after a few minutes start to blow a little smoke, it could be pcv valve? and i want to know if i can clean it and how to do it.

I will apreciate you help.

Axel

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had a turbo bearing go out one day and that admitted oil into the exhaust system. Would smoke pretty good until the catalytic converter warmed up.

best,

P

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi brad, its a little blue, and start to blow it after warmed up; i would like to know if somebody has a repair manual, because i didn't find a mechanic, i have to do it myself.

thanks in advance for your help.

regards.

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
hi brad, its a little blue, and start to blow it after warmed up; i would like to know if somebody has a repair manual, because i didn't find a mechanic, i have to do it myself.

thanks in advance for your help.

regards.

Blue smoke is engine oil burning. Narrows things down somewhat... Might want to check for oil in the intake, among other things. Others here can give you other ideas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How many kms/miles on the odo and do you know if the flame trap has been serviced?

·
Registered
301 Posts
is it coming out of the exhaust,or off of the outside of the exhaust?
Is it turbocharged?

My 02 non turbo had a plug come out that had something to do with where the turbo would connect if it had a turbo.
It would drip on to the exhaust,and not be very noticable until I accelerated,then a pretty good puff of blue smoke would show up. It was a simple fix,replacing the plug.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Check the gasket too. See if the engine is burning the oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts