SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I picked up an 05 v50 t5 awd with the premium sound and this forum has been a load of help! There have been a few small issues that never really bothered me until recently. The first one is probably real easy to fix I just haven't looked into it all.

1) I can't adjust the clock... It feels like the dial/knob isn't working

2) this only happens when I'm listening to the radio, while I'm driving it seems like the fader is cutting out.. Like some speakers (usually the back ones) just go in and out. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've done some searching about the stereo on here but haven't found a thread about this issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers :beer:
Nick

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
the clock adjustment is weird. Spin the knob clockwise or counterclockwise-- but it takes a lot of force to really make it work. Just try harder is what im saying.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think it has something to do with the auto adjust for the sound. Try to mess around with the settings. I had the same issue and it seems to go away after I turned that option off.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hm. I've never heard of those issues. Does the dial for the clock click? You should feel it "click" over.

For the audio maybe you have the settings messed up? If not it's probably an electrical problem if they randomly fade. Or maybe they have a short. Does it happen over bumps or just randomly driving along?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had to change my stereo from surround to 3 channel because the station I listen to most doesnt have that strong of signal and will cut in and out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stereo is a reception thing probably like Gizmo said, does it do that when you play a cd?

Clock adjustment is turning the thing with a decent amount of force, not pushing. If thát doesn't work then as far as I know it's not a typical problem. You'd need to replace the DIM as it's one big unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel like an idiot about the clock.. I thought it was a push in then turn. That is now fixed. And I reset the stereo but haven't driven long enough to see if that fixed it. It could be reception because there are a lot of hills around. It does not happen with cd's. I'm thinking it was a setting issue. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've found the Dolby Pro Logic II (5.1 surround from 2-channel FM or CD program) can sound kind of wonky in the rear speakers for a lot of radio and some CDs. It tries to invent "rear surround" channels with mixed results, sometimes it sounds like it's cutting in and out like you describe. Try switching to 3-channel instead of 5.1, made a big improvement for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts