SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '06 XC90's gas filler door no longer locks. Sometimes the dash displays that the fuel door is open, sometimes it doesn't, but it no longer locks at all. Simple fix?

Second, she's got a headlight out, not looking to upgrade the lights, but anyone got a link for cheap replacement lights?

We have a second kid coming end of January so looking for all the cheap fixes I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
What kind of headlights? And on the fuel filler, doesn't stay closed or doesn't lock?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My gas door wasn't staying closed anymore, so I took the actuator out and took it apart. 3 teeth had broke off the gear so I filled the gap with jb weld and waited for it to dry. Then traced a good section of gear and cut it out and drew the teeth outline on the epoxy and dremeled in new teeth. It's been fine since may. I flipped the gear I think too so that it stopped on the teeth that I didn't fix. Volvo doesn't sell just the gear so this was the cheapest alternative to buying a whole new actuator.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The door will close and stay closed but it will not lock. I saw some screws near the locking mechanism so may tinker a little bit.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you need the actuator I have an xc90 parts car with one I can send you.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The door will close and stay closed but it will not lock. I saw some screws near the locking mechanism so may tinker a little bit.

Actually my hinge was broken too.. That's why it wasn't staying closed, so I replaced the hinge. Any dealer will have it they are very flimsy. They're like 15 bucks. Fixing the gear in the actuator allowed the lock to function again.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. If It would stop raining here in NoVa I'll get to work on the door.

As for the lights, they are just the projector lights.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
For the lights, Sylvsnia sells some on eBay for around $80 a pair. This page should help. http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=S...TRC0.Xsylvania+d1s+bulb&sqp=sylvania+d1s+bulb. I would only go with Sylvania, Osram, or Phillips for OEM bulbs. Personally just bought Kensun 15,000 kelvin bulbs. I only expect them to last me 2 years, but they were dirt cheap on sale (read as $37 for the pair).

Unless you are talking about the halogens, in which case you can replace them independently of each other, and they are quite cheap.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just tried to click on my own link to make sure it worked, it doesn't. Server not found error. Go to eBay and search for Sylvania D1S Bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts