SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've included a picture of a dent (on my S80 T6). Can anyone give me advice on how to fix this minor problem?
My friend says he could fix it for free... but if I have to take it to a local shop, how much would it cost$??

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Armo_Guy (edited 08-17-2002).]

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The great thing about body shops is that they'll give you a free estimate.

It looks like the paint is not damaged and that the metal is not creased where the dent is. With that in mind, paintless dent repair is probably possible. Paintless dent repair means no repainting of the fender and a relatively inexpensive cost. I'd ask around at your dealer or body shop to see if they have the capability of doing paintless dent repair and get a quote.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Armo_Guy:
Hello,
I've included a picture of a dent (on my S80 T6). Can anyone give me advice on how to fix this minor problem?
My friend says he could fix it for free... but if I have to take it to a local shop, how much would it cost$??

Thanks

That looks like a very easy dent. Check your local yellow pages or with the Service Department of your Volvo Retailer for a "DentWizards" or "Dent Removers" company that can do this for under $85.

You are lucky that the paint appears to not be broken.

Yannis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Exactly what Yannis said, very easy to repair. I had three dents like this on my drivers side door and I took it to a Dent Doctor and it is now in perfect condition.

I paid about $110 to have it fixed, good as new. The people that work on paintless dent removal are highly trained and have special tools that work like magic.

-Drew

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I believe this art is called dry-tapping. They get behind the metal panels and tap tap tap until it is gone. I had parking lot ripples in my doors if looked closely so I had the car done. Find a shop that does this, talk to of the guys who has a set of tools at home and drop the car off at his garage. The next day and $50 (cnd!) bucks later you will get your car back perfect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts