SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a S80-T6. My rear right tire has developed a slow leak. I keep the pressure at 39 psi (as recommended by volvo), however after about 5 or6 days the pressure goes down to 25 psi. The remaining 3 tires are fine.

Do I need to replace the tire, or can i keep inflating the tire every week as I have been doing for the last couple of weeks. Is there a method to fix a slow leak in a tire?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Slow leak in rear tire, S80 (Toronto_S80T6)

The dealer should be able to patch it for you.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: Slow leak in rear tire, S80 (Toronto_S80T6)

You try one of those spray can sealers, spray it in through the air nozzle and go for a drive, it will spread evenly throughout the tire. Do it at an air pump though, you might have to let out most of the air, spray some in, fill it up with regular air and go driving.
If it is a fast leak, which it doesn't sound like it, dish soap and water spunged on the the tire will create air bubles and you can pin-point the leak. Works the easiest with the tire off as you can flip it around.
Before I had my rim refinished I had a slow leak because I had a flat spot in my rim, but on the back lip, not the front so I didn't even see it until the wheel was off. Another problem I had with that wheel was the inside lip a couple of deep scratches due to poor tire installation, I had to get the inside lip machined smooth.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: Slow leak in rear tire, S80 (Spearzy)

Have a good tire shop remove the wheel and check the tires for signs of a puncture. It's probably just a nail, and it will only cost about $5-$15 to get it plugged if that's what is causing the leak. It could also be a bend on the inside lip of the wheel where you can't see it, or maybe the bead is not sealing.

I would not use one of those cans of goo that fix flat tires because they will make a mess inside the wheel/tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts