SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if it's not only the torque mount and upper mount that make a real difference, but the age/condition of the collar sleeve itself. Wouldn't it create a lot of slop/play between accelerating and decelerating? There's that little gap, between where you feel the engine grab when you let off the pedal, and then jump forward when you press it.

The point I'm bringing it up is that - mine has an astronomical amount of play between the two, and sometimes if I do a really bad shift going from 1st to 2nd it's EXTREMELY jerky, to the point where I'm like, "wow, I should sell this ****."

On the other hand, I've driven my buddy's R which has a poly BIG mount on the torque mount, and that's it. Oh, except he's got a brand new collar sleeve. His car is so much smoother I can't even describe, it's almost as smooth as an auto, even with a bad shift it feels that much better.

Now the question is - Will replacing the collar sleeve, torque mount, and possibly upper engine mount fix the problem? Or is it really ONLY the torque mount? Help me out here guys.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I wonder if it could be the main motor mounts...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just purchased IPD's cheapest URO torque mount - I'm going to put it on, and use the old one as a template to make a poly mount setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts