SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my S60 for about 6 months now, and generally like it. However there are two things bothering me.<P>One is fairly minor - on the fourth or fifth opening (tilt) of my sunroof, one of the black plastic 'accordian' things that are on the sides split completely in half. The next time I tilted it, the other one went. Anyone experience this? I know it'll be replaced via warranty, but it's still bothersome.<P>The other item, which bugs me much more, is the Geartronic transmission. I have a T5, and the transmission, to put it professionally, sucks. It's sluggish, especially when cold. When pulling out from a standstill, I'll press down on the gas and get very little response - the car just drags along, then finally, I'll get a lurch of power and start moving. My wife's Corolla is more responsive in low speed maneuvers - I just can't seem to finesse it. <P>Worse, when I'm tooling along in the usual slow stop/go traffic, the car waffles between 4th and 5th. Feels just like my old VW bug when the clutch was going.<P>Maybe I'm just not used to an auto after driving nothing but stick all my life, but I expected better. Certainly don't remember these problems in the test drive.<P><P>

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi,<P>i've had mine for about two weeks, i can't comment on the sunroof. but i can relate to the acceleration...i've just attributed that to turbo lag and the fact it's an inline 5. i got rid of my ford lightning with 440 lbs of torque, so the volvo isnt going to compare. i'm waiting for a performance filter as this may solve some of the problems. but this is my first volvo, so my input is limited...<P>tom<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts