SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a cool toy - You can watch Top Gear & surf Swedespeed at the same time<br><A HREF="http://www.slingmedia.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.slingmedia.com</A><br>Do you have it?<br>How's the quality?<br>Would you recommend?<p>

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sling Box - What do you think? (bschurr)

<bump><p>Anyone?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Sling Box - What do you think? (bschurr)

one of my friends has it for his cell phone/pda. Its nuts. We took a break at work the other day and were watching the game on his phone from his cable box at home. If i had a pda or a phone that didnt cost obscene amounts of money to connect to the internet I would definatly do it.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Sling Box - What do you think? (deep60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>deep60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one of my friends has it for his cell phone/pda. Its nuts. We took a break at work the other day and were watching the game on his phone from his cable box at home. If i had a pda or a phone that didnt cost obscene amounts of money to connect to the internet I would definatly do it.</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>A friend of a friend has this, but not (to my knowledge) the mobile version. He loves it, and the quality is great. When he's away on business trips in foreign countries, he watches American TV through it over the internet.<p>Man, what a world. I remember getting excited over the new "I-486" 50Mhz computers in college.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Re: Sling Box - What do you think? (needsdecaf)

I'd worry that there will be rulings against it in court soon as it is a way around coverage blackouts and rebroadcasting of copy right programing. As it's popularity catches on, it's sure to be taken to court by the broadcasting giants. <br>Hope it doesn't fall to the wayside as DVD copy did.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sling Box - What do you think? (needsdecaf)

My understanding of this product is that once you connect it to your TV signal (i.e. cable box) and then your router, you can watch any channel on any internet connected device that can reach that router. If your router supports wireless connections and phone has browser functionality, you should be all set...<p>I am not a TV guy but this is too cool to pass up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts