SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice if the can feel a slight vibration at idle not moving? ICE is on and it doesn't seem to matter if battery re-gen is on or not.

Example, sitting at red light, or in parking lot not moving. While moving I don't notice the vibration.

I can sometimes feel it in the seat, but I can always feel it on the arm rest on the door. I don't recall this doing this before so I thought I ask for some feedback.

Normal, not normal any feed back would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Anyone notice if the can feel a slight vibration at idle not moving? ICE is on and it doesn't seem to matter if battery re-gen is on or not.

Example, sitting at red light, or in parking lot not moving. While moving I don't notice the vibration.

I can sometimes feel it in the seat, but I can always feel it on the arm rest on the door. I don't recall this doing this before so I thought I ask for some feedback.

Normal, not normal any feed back would be appreciated.
Is it in D? What if in R, P?

Does it change if you rev up RPM a little bit?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't seem to matter if it is in D or B. Come to think of it not sure if I noticed it in P or not. Something I'll check tomorrow. Haven't done any rev to the RPM I normally sit with auto-hold on. But I have taken it off with foot on brake and still noticed the slight vibration. My other car I never felt a vibration before but it was a V6 not I4 so not sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My XC60 T5 while in N or P idles pretty roughly to me. Almost like a good diesel. If I rev a up a bit, the “clanking” noise diminishes a bit.
That and the HVAC fan noise are a bit of a disappointment on an otherwise very fine car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't feel much vibration, but I have my car going into the dealer for a third time this weekend for 'clanking' noise similar to what Lalin mentioned that happens when the car is warm during idle. Sounds very diesel-like. I didn't buy a gasoline to have a car that sounds like a diesel, and the test car didn't make that noise at all. I'm pushing on them hard to find the cause and am thankful that they have been very accommodating and not giving me the 'that's normal' line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the vibration just the engine idling? I can just barely tell if my engine is on idle or no idle. I was sitting at a light yesterday and forced the engine on by putting the car in power mode and there was a slight vibration but I wouldn’t have noticed it before this thread. Much less engine vibration than most cars I’ve been in. And no clanking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope today I could feel it in the seat again, and placing into P or N at idle did nothing to resolve the vibration felt. I am pretty sure we should not be feeling any vibration from the motor during an idle non-load instance.

Anyone know if there are any mount issues?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts