SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the bolt size for the skid plate on the bottom of the first generation XC90? I bought mine used and there are several missing bolts. The remaining bolts are pretty rusted, so I figured I'd just buy a complete set. I can't seem to find a match locally.

I have found references to the skid plate bolts for V70s but not sure if the XC70s skid plate uses the same bolt size.

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just bought a set of bolts and washers for my 06 xc90 (replaced missing plastic engine plate....

Fcp groton

982793 bolts
986501 washers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone who posted sizes for the bolts. I never saw the replies until now, so apologies for the delayed thank you!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just changed front plate with new one and last year aluminium one under the engine original volvo. Perfect and much better than plastic cover from factory...

Sent from Casio Data Bank 128 Kb 93'

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
On bill under 3th part. Volvo vampire shop asked for new plate 350 eur but at the end 20% discount...see last castrol oil...25 eur 1 liter is robbery as 9 eur for 1 liter i purchased later for reserve...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Very strong few mm alu plate with cooling channels and flow directional air sucking curves. Very reccomending for snow off road monkey husiness mug ect...no rocks at all

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks great under there! I didn't realize Volvo offered an aluminum aftermarket skid plate for the XC90. I looked to see if IPD (ipdusa.com) offered a metal skip plate, but they don't seem to offer one for the XC90. I didn't think to see if Volvo offered one as an aftermarket part.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That looks great under there! I didn't realize Volvo offered an aluminum aftermarket skid plate for the XC90. I looked to see if IPD (ipdusa.com) offered a metal skip plate, but they don't seem to offer one for the XC90. I didn't think to see if Volvo offered one as an aftermarket part.
They offer for 5cyl and some 6cyl models (diesel and gas) but none for the 3.2L. I've been looking for one for the 3.2L but haven't had luck - would be great if IPD would offer one.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/fr-be/XC90(-14)/Accessories/Document/VCC-482713/2010

I don't think they offer one for the V8 either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts