SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a used cheap volvo OEM ski holder part number 9204956 as you can see in the pics below they seem to have come without the mounts that attach them to the OEM square style load bars.

Does anyone know where I can get the correct mounts? Or do you guys have any ideas how I can ghetto rig it somehow?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also have a ski rack question. I'm going to get the OEM volvo bars for my brother's 2002 S60, but now I am hoping to find the part to mount his Thule 92725 ski racks to the bars so it mounts flush like the OEM Volvo ones do. I am fairly sure that the Thule 92725 rack is the same as the Volvo 6 pair rack.

Here is a few pics of the Thule 92725 still mounted to the cross rails from the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

And here is some pics of the OEM Volvo 6 pair rack mounted to the square profile Volvo OEM cross rails for my mom's 2008 XC70

I think that the existing mount used for the Jeep rail would work for the Volvo rail, but would obviously not look as nice (large gap between ski rack and roof rack) and probably make a lot more noise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So basically I'm just looking for the small part that screws into the ski rack base and has two black metal sides that go on either side of the square bar and then have a hinged flap that secures underneath the square bar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bump
Anyone have an idea on what this part is / where I can get it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts