·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
What are the 6 piston calipers supposed to do for you?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Smaller, lower mass pistons will get hotter faster. Heat dispersion is likely not much better and can be accomplished with brake cooling ducts. If the 6 piston calipers also include larger pads then you may gain some in the heat department as specific heating may be less. The benefits of this would likely only be realized when used on a track.

"Because they are cool" is a completely acceptable answer.

I'm only commenting as some upgrades have little or no payback unless they are used in situations where the benefits can be realized.
Braided brake hoses, cooling ducts, performance pads, and rotor upgrades would be the start. The Brembo calipers are not maxed out with the "street" rotors and pads and the too easily yielding hoses on the car.

I think you'd have the same issues with 6 piston calipers unless they come with performance pads. The performance pads are going to have some side effects like poor braking till warm, that many would find unnerving in daily use.

Of course full carbon fiber rotors with the mating pads are the real deal but those are some big $$ and would require some customs modding to fit.

I'm only asking and commenting as I have been a witness or a part of lots of things like this and had the owner be all disappointed in the results and have comments like, "I wouldn't have done this if I had known that".

I lost count of the truck lift kits that made the truck miserable to use ( I know they don't all do that) and +2 and +3 wheel changes that got bent repeatedly and made the car ride bad and jump at every ridge and irregularity in the pavement.

·
6,436 Posts
I'm willing to put $ on it that this thread is just empty words...sorry. These are just dreams of an R owner who hasn't looked into mods seriously

Upgrading from our Brembos to 6 piston calipers would be absolutely ridiculous, especially for a street-driven car.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I would do this if I got tired of using my $100 bills as toilet paper.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Kirby on here has the 6 Piston Calipers from EVOLVE or as they call it now, Elivate. The system is pretty awesome and puts brused marks on your chest.

Porsche GT2 6-piston calipers Bembos fit the R... couple other Porsche models do too. I just can't remember which other do. I know Gyro Disc was using a porsche disc for the R, since the owner was a Porsche engineer.

Ask George at VIVA if he can get the 6 pistons from Brembo.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh definitely I wouldn't even think about doing this before any of those, just an idea for the future
Exactly - my suggestion is to start with other "bigger" mods such as:
- bigger exhaust
- bigger wheels
- bigger FMIC
- the exact opposite of bigger ground clearance

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Exactly - my suggestion is to start with other "bigger" mods such as:
- bigger exhaust
- bigger wheels
- bigger FMIC
- the exact opposite of bigger ground clearance
I like this plan

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
sell your car, buy a GTR, and voila!! 6 pot brembos appear instantly!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Gtr > r

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Unless you have to stuff MIL in the backseat!

Honestly, the R is fine for anything any halfway sane person does on the street (and most of the track). I have to agree, the weak link seems to be the brake hoses. Not that it is that weak a link, but for tracking it definitely could be. But 6 pots? Err, uhh...

"Because they are cool" is a completely acceptable answer.
+1. That's probably the best answer, honestly.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Unless you have to stuff MIL in the backseat!

Honestly, the R is fine for anything any halfway sane person does on the street (and most of the track). I have to agree, the weak link seems to be the brake hoses. Not that it is that weak a link, but for tracking it definitely could be. But 6 pots? Err, uhh...

+1. That's probably the best answer, honestly.
These are both true. Honestly, the R is a great DD. I love driving it, and it's very comfortable. I drive other cars, and get back into my R at the end of the day and I'm like "ahhhhhhhhhh. that's better." But if I only drive the R for a while the little rattles and stuff start to annoy me. I just know that a GTR won't be rattling, at least any time soon.

I'm only 200 miles away from driving the R 30K miles since I got it in July of last year.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Minus the $80k+ :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
before the AMS alpha 9,10, omega madness, low mileage ones were going in the 60's. I'm sure there are some out there in the high 50's with some miles by now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts