SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about the progress of Sirius Satellite radio and when receivers will be available for the S60? Will the receiver be built-in to the system in the 2003s, and will there be a retro-fit to make the stereos in 2001 and 2002s compatible? Or will those cars have to use a seperate component receiver attached to their interiors? Now that this technology is out I can't imagine getting the car knowing that I can't get satellite radio without messing-up the beautiful interior.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
We're keeping an eye on this, and I'll ask more about it while at the Detroit Auto Show this January.

We've been following Sirius with their press releases in our News section, but there's been no official fitment news for the Volvo models yet, just that Sirius would be the preferred supplier of Satellite Radio.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I asked around at Volvo about the Sirius system, but I didn't get very far as they still aren't all that close to implementation.

You may want to check with Sirius directly regarding the differences between the system and a standard system.

As I recall, Sirius will be partnering with electronics mfrs. to produce aftermarket head units that will work with predated cars. If that's the case, a retrofit would probably not be that tough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts