SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am currently trying to install a sirius sportster radio in my wife's 2001 XC70. I think I found the perfect spot for it - if I can just remove the built in spring loaded cup holder that sits to the left of the factory radio. I've read up a little bit in the forum and it seems the way to do this is to pop out the pen holder, remove the screws that hold in the Climate Control Unit and then remove the CCU. This is where im having trouble. I know there are two metal "clip" like things holding the CCU in place and for the life of me - I can not get that thing out. I have pushed and pulled and tugged and did everything but rip the thing right out of the dash. Am I missing a trick? I feel like there should be something I need to depress to get that thing out. I dont know. I'm about to give up and just drive it to the local shop to get them to remove it for me, only to drive right back home and perform the rest of my install. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Installing the sportster in my s40 was no where near this hard. Thanks so much for the help. I'll check back in a few days.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sure, you could yank & break or...

.. try this method suggested in the thread;

Loosen the CCM, pull out and slightly down and while applying gentle pressure in that direction, insert a weatherstrip tool on one side and pry with a outward twisting motion. Repeat on the other side.

Good luck,

Harry J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts