SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a little digging, I found that my XC90 should have all the hardware for Sirius already installed from the factory: all that should stand between me and a subscription is a dealer software update.

Is this true? Is there any way to check for sure if mine already has Sirius hardware (or at least the prep)?

Also, is the item in the link below the aforementioned software, or another relevant component?

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac...2 AWD/Automatic/L.H.D/ShowDocument/VCC-450697

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Prep

Sat prep only means you have a cable to the trunk. You must install a sat receiver to get sirus. As I understand it once you conect cable to receiver and suscribe you have music. It does not require a download. This was the case with our 06 S60. The receiver was an easy install (30 min or less). Not sure about the 90.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I hope that's all that I have to do.

- - - - - - - - -

I called my (Canadian) dealer, who told me a couple different things... First, sales said that no XC90's (even the 2013's) have satellite radio and that it isn't possible to install Sirius such that it'll be integrated into the head unit. However, service said that if mine has Sirius prep from the factory, it'll have an obvious disc-like antenna on the upper right-hand corner of the windshield (which mine doesn't).

In contrast to what the dealer said, I found this: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...g-Factory-Sirius-to-2006-XC90-w-Premium-Sound

- - - - - - - - -

As it stands, I'm still under the impression that mine should have Sirius prep, and that the antenna & wiring are under the black plastic panel on the roof, together with the rest of its antennae.

To those of you with satellite radio-equipped XC90's: where is your Sirius antenna located? Also, was Sirius active when you bought the car, or did you have to have the receiver module installed first? :confused:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a (US model) 2013 OSD XC90 vehicle purchased / picked up in April 2012. It came with Sirus satellite radio integrated. There was a card that indicated that I have a 6-month free subscription. I have not activated it but when I tune to either of the two satellite positions I get the Sirus barker channel.

As for the antenna - that's a good quesiton. If I recall correctly my 2007 XC90 which had navigation didn't have any GPS antenna that I'm aware of. My 2013 XC90 has both navigation and satellite ... and has a black aprox 3cm x 3cm square antenna in the rear centre of the roof. I'll look at it more closely tomorrow but I think there's a cable that goes back under that black plastic part of the roof. This could be a satellite radio receiver antenna, a GPS antenna or even both.

Unless the Canadian models are soooo much different I think what your dealer told you is a bit off ...

If you like - I can shoot some photos of things if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks for the info! I hope that's all that I have to do.

- - - - - - - - -

I called my (Canadian) dealer, who told me a couple different things... First, sales said that no XC90's (even the 2013's) have satellite radio and that it isn't possible to install Sirius such that it'll be integrated into the head unit. However, service said that if mine has Sirius prep from the factory, it'll have an obvious disc-like antenna on the upper right-hand corner of the windshield (which mine doesn't).

In contrast to what the dealer said, I found this: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...g-Factory-Sirius-to-2006-XC90-w-Premium-Sound

- - - - - - - - -

As it stands, I'm still under the impression that mine should have Sirius prep, and that the antenna & wiring are under the black plastic panel on the roof, together with the rest of its antennae.

To those of you with satellite radio-equipped XC90's: where is your Sirius antenna located? Also, was Sirius active when you bought the car, or did you have to have the receiver module installed first? :confused:
All MY13 XC90s come standard with Satellite radio. It is installed at the Port, before getting shipped to the retailers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts