SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 S60R which was owned by someone who evidently had every option he could find.

In poking around the wires, I found an old TellPhone 4000 box (integrated blue tooth system). It's a shame, but the previous owner, cut the cable from the box and removed the dash controls, so I can't use the system.

Plugged into the box was an 8 wire harness. From the TellPhone 4000 instructions, in addition to powering the unit, this harness evidently integrated the bluetooth system directly into the HU-850 allowing it to mute the radio during calls, etc.

So... my question is, can this harness be used to integrate in a SAT radio into the HU-850?

I've read lots of threads about factory installed harnesses and really don't want to go that route on this old of car.

My possible choices for Sat radio:

- Use the FM transmitter in the radio ... currently working but lower quality sound.
- If the HU-850 has a direct RCA type aux input, my radio has that output that I can run that to the HU-850. I can't find any information on what inputs are on the back of the HU850 (anyone know?).
- Somehow use this harness that the TellPhone was using.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
First question is do you want XM or Sirius ?

If Sirius the intergrated Volvo unit works ok and intergrates well with the 850, Although I have not figured out how to access all chanels. I need some type of update but Sirius has not been of much help. It is a 6 year old part :(

To use the blue tooth you would need to add a blue tooth adapter to your Sat device this way the amp in the unit would power the radio speakers. Cant say this would be the best way to go since you are limited in the amplification.

I think the best route would be using the Aux input on a IMiV , you gain and Apple interface. You will not be able to control the unit from the head unit unless you add some other type of interface

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't want bluetooth. That was just the system that the previous owner had installed and connected through this 8-wire harness which I'm not sure what it's called. I assume you can connect some sort of SAT radio through the same harness, but that's what I'm asking.

Where does the IMIV connect to the HU-850? Is there any sort of other Aux input on the back of the HU-850?

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sirius and XM merged four years ago. The 850 probably came "Sirius prep"ped, but one still needed to buy a Volvo part number 30772260 for >$500 if you can still buy one. Otherwise, the best option is a Sirius XM handheld with radio modular, which, as you said, sucks. This is the major icky part of my 2005 SR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts