SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was in storage the last 3 months and now that we're back, I'm not having any luck reactivating Sirius. They say to tune to Channel 184 but I have yet to figure out how to do that. This is really frustrating because I've done it before.
Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
I'm not sure what you're saying the problem is. Do you mean your sirius account expired and now you renewed it? Normally activation can happen so long as the sat radio is open. I'm gonna guess you have to call sirius up and get them to resend the activation signal.

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put our account on a seasonal plan so the radio was inactive during the 3 months we were gone. I've tried to refresh the signal using their link which does not require the radio be tuned to 184 although doing it off their website does require it.
I'll have to give them a call to get things going. Without an AM radio to listen to the news, there isn't much else to listen to.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I put our account on a seasonal plan so the radio was inactive during the 3 months we were gone. I've tried to refresh the signal using their link which does not require the radio be tuned to 184 although doing it off their website does require it.
I'll have to give them a call to get things going. Without an AM radio to listen to the news, there isn't much else to listen to.
You need the car to be "awake" and receiving satellite signals when they send the activation code, which may take something like 15 minutes after requesting it. So, out driving, not parked in a garage works best.
I don't believe that it really matters what channel you are on at the time, just so the receiver is, well, receiving...
BUT, that is from my experience, not from anything at SiriusXM.

Reactions: Dave E

·
Registered
43 Posts
You need the car to be "awake" and receiving satellite signals when they send the activation code, which may take something like 15 minutes after requesting it. So, out driving, not parked in a garage works best.
I don't believe that it really matters what channel you are on at the time, just so the receiver is, well, receiving...
BUT, that is from my experience, not from anything at SiriusXM.
Concur. Sirius does some updates at times that has required them to send a re-activation signal. I've had to do that through the website in my Jag and Benz, but not in the Volvo. I suspect this is because the Volvo gets used more regularly than the other two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts