SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate if someone could check if Channel 15 still says "Radio 1" or has it updated to the current "Studio 54".
Called Sirius and they said the problem is with Volvo updating my radio. I told Sirius they're crazy. When they do a major update of their channels, name changes always updated. Well, this channel never did for some reason. And it changed names back in Aug 2011. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It shows 015 Radio 1 on our '11 C70 and 15 Radio 1 on our '10 XC60.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for confirming it's Sirius! They said resending a signal would update it. I knew it wouldn't and it didn't. So it's been escalated to one of their techs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@irbrenda any further progress with Sirius? We have two Volvos, '12 C70 and a '12 S60, and both show channel 15 as Radio 1. Maybe they should just bring back BBC Radio 1 rather than change it to Studio 54. :-D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I now have 2 tech tickets in with Sirius. I don't think they can fix this! But they said to give them 7-10 days as they are working on it. I know of others who have the same issue, and do not have a Volvo. It does show Studio 54 though on my Sirius iPhone App! Will keep you advised.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Good luck with Sirius. They have to be the most clueless organization I have ever encountered. There is nothing more, in life, I dread than the approaching renewel of my subscription.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with Sirius. They have to be the most clueless organization I have ever encountered. There is nothing more, in life, I dread than the approaching renewel of my subscription.
OMG! I do agree! Clueless is putting it mildly. I did just renew and they tried to rip me off royally, and they probably did to a fine degree. I did not renew for 2 yrs as I usually do because their "fine print" price did not include a load of taxes and whatever else they decided to throw in. For 2 yrs my letter said $288. I called to renew and it suddenly became $304 without taxes and my iphone sirius app. Total renewal for 2 yrs was $420+. Asked to speak to a higher up, who was as clueless as the first rep, and for one year it went to $124 plus my iphone app for a total of $149 plus taxes. He then gave me an $18 credit for what I don't know. Just didn't make any sense whatsoever. My final bill was $179. At this rate, Sirius could be a goner in 2 yrs so I didn't even risk anymore bargaining with them.

PS: They do not know if or when they will correct the mislabeling on Channel 15. They tried to tell me I need an update from Volvo....haha. From my understanding, XM is able to do immediate channel name changes on the fly. Sirius uses satellites which do not operate the same way as XM and therefore their updating is a totally different method. Two stupid companies made into one big stupider company!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was wondering why it said Radio 1. It says Studio 54 on my new Charger, however. I'm not certain what the Volvo says as my wife drives it every day.

Sirius is a goner once Howard retires anyway...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: Sirius did a channel update yesterday; added some new stuff, changed a few channels. I was concerned about Studio 54 on Channel 15 not changing since Aug. 2011. Well, it finally changed and is now Channel 54. PS: As clueless as they are, it is worse trying to renew a subscription. I fought them pricewise for the next year, but you need to have them transfer you to the cancellation department, or whatever they call themselves. They had me on phone for over 2 hours, trying to persuade me NOT to leave them. I got the entire year for $62 for Sirius Select, plus $21 for my iPhone app. Better than the $200+ they tried to rip me off for.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
UPDATE: Sirius did a channel update yesterday; added some new stuff, changed a few channels. I was concerned about Studio 54 on Channel 15 not changing since Aug. 2011. Well, it finally changed and is now Channel 54. PS: As clueless as they are, it is worse trying to renew a subscription. I fought them pricewise for the next year, but you need to have them transfer you to the cancellation department, or whatever they call themselves. They had me on phone for over 2 hours, trying to persuade me NOT to leave them. I got the entire year for $62 for Sirius Select, plus $21 for my iPhone app. Better than the $200+ they tried to rip me off for.

I went one better when I signed up last year. If you can try and go for the lifetime. You can change I think 2 times to different devices for I think 75. IIR it was 500.00 for the lifetime.

If I had my choice I would do XM like I have in my XC. I enjoy My XM lineup a LOT better

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went one better when I signed up last year. If you can try and go for the lifetime. You can change I think 2 times to different devices for I think 75. IIR it was 500.00 for the lifetime.

If I had my choice I would do XM like I have in my XC. I enjoy My XM lineup a LOT better
I was going to do the Lifetime membership, but past experiences have held me back from doing so. Seems when I do Lifetime memberships, the company goes out of business not long afterwards, i.e., my gym. On another note, my iPhone Sirius app works better in my car than the built in one from Volvo. I never lose signal when going under an overpass, and all around, rarely have I ever seen "acquiring signal" while driving. I also have way more channels than just up to Channel 184, but then again, my radio is now 5 yrs old.

I also realized after 5 years that I have never had any AM radio frequency, just FM, Sirius, and the AUX.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sirius

I am not giving my radio company the same commitment I have given my God, my Country and my Wife. -mk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts