SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my dad's single owner 1986 Volvo 245 wagon. He's had it since '86 when he purchased it new. We're looking for $1000 for it.

We have all the original sales brochures, paperwork, even the dealer's key tag. It will all be included with the car.

It definitely has WI rust going on, the body panels have a few blemishes as seen in the photos but the wheel wells and floor pans in the foot wells are very rusty.

It has a B230F engine in excellent condition. The drivetrain on this car is the real value, it has been meticulously maintained and only has around ~4000 hours on it (hour meter was installed a few years after purchase). The engine starts right up every time, even in the dead of winter when it's run to keep the battery charged. The car comes with full maintenance records for everything that has ever been worked on back to purchase including each oil change with the weight of oil used. Current oil change has less than 500 miles on it.

The car has Blizzak snow tires in the rear that probably have less than 1000 miles on them. Some recent new parts are:
* Full exhaust system from the headers down
* Brand new front control arms, control arm mounts, springs, tie rods and ball joints.
* All Brakes (Disc + Pads)
* Sway Bar Mount + Alternator Belts + Water Pump

The interior is decent; there's one split in the driver's seat that I can think of. The fuel and temperature gauges are intermittent, sometimes they read fine but sometimes they either read zero or high. The odometer stopped moving in the last few years, I had it apart and it's the same broken gear that happens to every single Volvo. I didn't replace it at the time because I use the engine hour meter anyway. The heat works great, A/C is long since inop.

The drivetrain and interior on this car would be great to put on to a body with a dead engine but no rust.

Here is an album of photos: http://imgur.com/a/MaYei

1 - 1 of 1 Posts