SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was stopped for about 3-5 minutes with transmission in D and auto hold engaged. The moment I resumed driving the Auto Hold Service Needed light came on and it was no longer functional. About 30 seconds later another warning bell sounded and a message indicated something like airbag failure- drive immediately to workshop for service. I’m taking it in today but wondered if there might be any connection between the 2 warnings being concurrent. I was hoping it was just a software glitch but it hasn’t cleared after several different restarts over the past day. Any ideas I can share with Service would be appreciated. As an aside, the warning “chime” for the airbag warning sounds like a circus calliope!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Service manager just called to say the auto hold warning was a software issue (glitch?) and that the SRS Airbag warning was triggered by that in some way (?). He said it was fixed with a software update. Since supposedly my software was just upgraded last week when a window regulator was replaced I'm not sure why it was needed again, but perhaps there are specific updates for specific modules/parts rather than an update that applies to the entire car? Hopefully that takes care of the problem permanently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts