SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the SIM card slot to access Wifi in the vehicle.
Does anyone know where it is?
With Wifi enabled, are you able to browse the web,e.g. YouTube?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I'll check that area.
I meant "to access the internet and use the vehicle as a wifi hotspot".
I need to choose my mobile carrier. I wonder how much data per month I would need... probably 1-2gig/month. I don't see the vehicle apps themselves using much data, it would probably only be used heavily if the vehicle is being used as a wifi hotspot.
I have the vehicle linked to my home wifi currently and installed the weather, volvo id, Here and TuneIn apps.
Are there any other apps available to install?
Can anything be done with the Volvo ID app currently once installed?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Be aware, the Mobile connection is different for Europe and US.

Europe: Free SIM-card slot in the back, using a standard-size SIM. I put a SIM of a local provider in and do have Internet and a WiFi-hotspot for the kids;
US: I understood the SIM is locked to a provider and you get a subscription via Volvo.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Be aware, the Mobile connection is different for Europe and US.

Europe: Free SIM-card slot in the back, using a standard-size SIM. I put a SIM of a local provider in and do have Internet and a WiFi-hotspot for the kids;
US: I understood the SIM is locked to a provider and you get a subscription via Volvo.
I am not in Europe or the USA and have the choice of telco provider. Standard size SIM is fine. I can get a second SIM assigned to my existing mobile and use for data.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
I only want to make clear there's some difference :)

I did do exactly the same by using a second SIM.
Mounting the sim is very convenient. You pull out the complete holder, place the SIM in this holder and put it back in place again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts