SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Silver Dawn or Fusion Red

16K views 69 replies 30 participants last post by  kDiqq 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to order XC60 MY22. Unfortunately, on MY22 bursting blue is no longer available. What would you choose between Silver Dawn or Fusion Red? Why?

Cheers!
S.

See less See more
#5 ·
Do you want to stand out or blend in? I think the Fusion Red will get you noticed. The Silver Dawn is more of a color for blending in. They are both nice, but I'd take the Fusion Red between the two.

Reactions: alax00
#8 ·
I used to have a Passion Red XC60, which was a great red. When I ordered my new one, I was sad that I couldn't get that red anymore, I really didn't like the Fusion Red so went with Bright Silver. Now I have a hard time finding my car in parking lots as it blends in with every other car in the lot.

#11 · (Edited)
I was hesitant to get fusion red myself, but it was the only color the dealer had with the options I wanted. I had only seen online photos, and wasn’t convinced.

I’m so glad now that I got it. It’s sophisticated and beautiful. It changes shades based on its surrounding conditions and ambient light. It seems like it’s the perfect shade at all hours of the day - it’s almost like it changes attitudes and gives off an air where it just fits in everywhere it goes.

Edit to add: I’m not usually a fan of most red cars.

#12 ·
I would also vote for Fusion Red. Red cars can be polarizing-some people love them, others hate red on cars in general. Silver, while a safe color, is just that. It doesn’t stand out and I doubt it is really hated by most people- but it is kind of boring in my opinion.

#13 ·
I love red cars, but when I was looking, in 2018/19, the red Volvo offered, wasnt a red....more of an orangish red to me-....the colour grew on me, but didn't crack my top 3 of choices. Good luck with ur decision

#15 ·
I currently have a Crystal White Metallic XC60 and honestly, I would go for a Fusion Red XC60 in a heartbeat. Albeit, the Silver Dawn looks really good on it, it just doesn't make the car pop out. Plus, it kinda makes it blend in with the Audi's and Mercedes's versus the Fusion Red, it almost reminds me of Fiorano Red from Ferrari.... if I spelled it correctly that is!

#17 ·
We have a bright silver and a fusion red. As mentioned bright silver blends in with other vehicles. It can be hard to look at directly in bright sunlight. Washing the car makes you blink.

Compliments come with the silver but people are very passionate about the fusion red. If they like it they’ll tell you…often. The red does change colors between a deep red wine color to an almost burnt orange depending on the lighting.

If in person review is possible, I would recommend. You’ll know instantly if it’s for you.

Size matters. A red XC90 would be a lot but a XC60 should be good.

I chose red because of some other cars I’ve owned before that were red on tan. Fond memories.

#18 ·
I vote red. Like some one else said I had an older Volvo in passion red and would have preferred that shade, but now that we have had this shade it has really grown on me a lot!

And yes it does change some as the sun light changes but I kind of like that.

Lastly silver is just boring!

#21 ·
Gray can also be not boring. It can be young, sporty, outdoorsy and works well with black contrasts. Gray keeps good-looking when dirty and ages well. I can't say the same about other darker colours.

Fusion red in this car makes one of my favourite Volvo design cues disappear: the tall taillights.

I like the metallic red-orange paint a lot, though.

#29 ·
is silver dawn a new silver color code because it just looks like Bright Silver Metallic to me.

#30 ·
I'm curious to see how Silver Dawn looks in real life. Seems PR photos try to pitch it as like a sandstone color, vs. silvery-silver.

Personally, when the time comes, I'll be looking for a light color with less pop than white, less silver/metal than current silver. So maybe there will be an answer for me w/in the range of Glacier Silver, Silver Dawn, Birch Light on various vehicles. And/or other colors than land for SPA2. We'll see.

I've got Ruby Red on 2004 XC90, love it, too bad Ford seemed to have kept it from Volvo. Fusion Red is a bit bright/orange for my personal taste, but I do like having something that's somewhat less common.

Reactions: adrianmtl
#32 ·
I just want volvo to have more colors. The current colors for Polestar Engineered cars is depressing.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sweetness9
#33 ·
I just want volvo to have more colors. The current colors for Polestar Engineered cars is depressing.

Tell me about it 😭. I just went to order a 2022 XC60 Polestar Engineered and was told that Osmium Grey was removed for ALL Volvos for the 2022 MY. They replaced it with Thunder Grey and Platinum Grey. For whatever insane reason, Volvo decided Thunder Grey was the more attractive option for Polestar models rather than the Platinum. IMO, Thunder is hideous with it's blue tones and flat look, especially once you add in the black trim pieces for the Polestar. I wound up having to go with Crystal White, which at least out of the two blacks, one gray, one white, and one silver available wasn't my first choice, but I liked the pearl effect and contrast with the black trim pieces.

I want to strangle the damn designer that decided to remove Osmium and replace it with Thunder.

#34 ·
Thunder grey is a great color though. But heaven forbid they do something like allow Passion Red on a Polestar Engineered V60. They might not be able to keep up with orders.

#37 ·
Although I am biased toward red (Red Fusion XC40), objectively I would never choise Silver or gray. I have seen too many of that color vehicle blend into the background on worn asphalt (gray colored) roads. I want to be visible and Ive never had a vehicle pullout in front of me (knock on wood) since I've had my Volvo.

#38 ·
Colors are horrible now! Shame on them! It’s grey grey grey grey, black white.

The R is the way to go though! Enjoy :)

Fusion red or white would my preference without bursting blue!

need more colors, rebel blue, magic blue, passion red. Maybe a burnt orange again like the C30R!

Some other leather choices would be nice on the R as well! Beachwood or Atacama

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.