SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

Registered
Joined
2 Posts
I could live with Fusion Red for a year or two before I'd get tired of it then off it'd go. It's a lot of red on a largish car, at least in my minority opinion, lol.

My old XC60 was Flamenco Red and it just didn't age well.
Just in time to trade it in for a new one 馃榿
 

Registered
Joined
61 Posts
Why are you asking us what we like because this is a personal choice. People will like both! Get whatever makes you happy because it鈥檚 your money and you are the one having to live with it until you move on to your next vehicle.
 

Registered
Joined
2,321 Posts
I believe the intent was to have a lighthearted fun discussion on color and to maybe provide opinions so that the OP good gauge others interests and maybe make them think out of the box from their personal preferences.

Is there a specific rule that says we cannot have discussions on a discussion board? Is this not the intent of why we're here?

Language is funny since verbal is only 10% of tone, so internet can be tricky for gauging intent of posts sometimes.
 

Registered
2021, V60 CC
Joined
118 Posts
Why are you asking us what we like because this is a personal choice. People will like both! Get whatever makes you happy because it鈥檚 your money and you are the one having to live with it until you move on to your next vehicle.
Some answers will resonate more, and others less. It's not about being right.
 

Registered
Joined
2,321 Posts
I could live with Fusion Red for a year or two before I'd get tired of it then off it'd go. It's a lot of red on a largish car, at least in my minority opinion, lol.

My old XC60 was Flamenco Red and it just didn't age well.
I disagree, but then again I drive a Vibrant Copper Volvo, probably the most divisive color on the internet!

Case in point: What鈥檚 The Worst Color Ever Offered On A Car?

:LOL:
 

Registered
Joined
8,786 Posts
Vibrant copper is hot if you have the aluminum appearance body kit

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.rico

Registered
Joined
2,321 Posts
Vibrant copper is hot if you have the aluminum appearance body kit

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
That was a route I was initially thinking of going with, I did like the front and sides, but something about the rear valence and the rectangular exhaust finishing was off-putting to me...I ended up going with grabbing R-Design body bits instead. The color never made a splash here on our shores, but you'll see one or two here during the year, which is fun since it is so rare. I still get a lot of questions about the car from random people at intersections and gas stations. "That's a Volvo?" is one such typical response :) I'm sure you get the same (and even more) with a Rebel Blue Polestar.
 

Registered
Joined
13,986 Posts

Registered
Joined
2,047 Posts
This article leads with a new photo of (I think) Silver Dawn. Once again has a masonry-type background, so I think Volvo is trying to accentuate a sandstone-ish hue, vs. metallic silver? Maybe a cross between Bright Silver and Birch?

If you're looking for a light color that's not White, Silver nor Birch, this could be it. Wonder if nextgen XC90 will get it too?

2022 Volvo XC60 heading to dealers this month [Update] (topelectricsuv.com)
 

Registered
Joined
1,744 Posts
What would happen if Volvo offered over 50 different colors as competitors, of course it is paid extra but you can choose one of over 50 different colors as well as the interior, if you are not satisfied with those standard colors
 

Registered
Joined
13,986 Posts
What would happen if Volvo offered over 50 different colors as competitors, of course it is paid extra but you can choose one of over 50 different colors as well as the interior, if you are not satisfied with those standard colors
99.9% of the people would choose one of the colors from the existing palate and the remaining 0.1% would be too cheap to spend the extra $2-3k for the color they really want, lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kDiqq

Registered
Joined
2,321 Posts
What would happen if Volvo offered over 50 different colors as competitors, of course it is paid extra but you can choose one of over 50 different colors as well as the interior, if you are not satisfied with those standard colors
Depends on the type of market in the country. The shoppers in the U.S. tend to buy what's available on the lot. Ordering cars from the factory is not a pervasive purchase model over here.
 

Registered
Joined
1,744 Posts
99.9% of the people would choose one of the colors from the existing palate and the remaining 0.1% would be too cheap to spend the extra $2-3k for the color they really want, lol.
By your logic then no one should pay $ 3200 for a B&W sound system or why would anyone pay for wheels 22 "$ 4,615
 

Registered
Joined
1,744 Posts
Depends on the type of market in the country. The shoppers in the U.S. tend to buy what's available on the lot. Ordering cars from the factory is not a pervasive purchase model over here.
Of course it depends on the market, it also depends on what you want.
The US market is limited unlike the EU market, there are many more options for all models cars
 

Registered
Joined
13,986 Posts
By your logic then no one should pay $ 3200 for a B&W sound system or why would anyone pay for wheels 22 "$ 4,615
Nope, not saying that at all, just that very few people would pay that. Should they pay that is a judgment call for each purchaser to make on their own.

Edit: My point is quite simply that the take rate for an expensive paint upcharge would probably be pretty low. Folks love to complain an uninspired color palette but if given the opportunity to get something interesting they probably wouldn't step up and pay what it actually costs.
 

Registered
Joined
98 Posts
By your logic then no one should pay $ 3200 for a B&W sound system or why would anyone pay for wheels 22 "$ 4,615
Did you know options are actually optional? And infrastructure for painting a car a different color is actually more complicated than the infrastructure required for storing wheels or interior parts? No?

You used to be better at picking arguments, 4/10 effort, 2/10 content.
 

Registered
Joined
1,744 Posts
Nope, not saying that at all, just that very few people would pay that. Should they pay that is a judgment call for each purchaser to make on their own.

Edit: My point is quite simply that the take rate for an expensive paint upcharge would probably be pretty low. Folks love to complain an uninspired color palette but if given the opportunity to get something interesting they probably wouldn't step up and pay what it actually costs.
Of course it鈥檚 all an individual thing, like everything else in life. But if you want to be a premium brand then you have to have in the option some things that are expensive and not available to those that are not a premium brand
 

Registered
Joined
1,744 Posts
Did you know options are actually optional? And infrastructure for painting a car a different color is actually more complicated than the infrastructure required for storing wheels or interior parts? No?

You used to be better at picking arguments, 4/10 effort, 2/10 content.
WOW what a conclusion :unsure:
How then do you explain that 22 "wheels are more expensive than exclusive paint if is infrastructure for painting a car a different color is actually more complicated
 

Registered
Joined
98 Posts
WOW what a conclusion :unsure:
How then do you explain that 22 "wheels are more expensive than exclusive paint if is infrastructure for painting a car a different color is actually more complicated
Tooling changeover for different wheels is not complex. You can store all your programs digitally, and all the wheels get stored in a warehouse.

For paint, all your equipment has to be cleaned every time you change colors and you have to handle very large pieces and paint has to be stored correctly. For a smaller auto manufacturer, this is super costly to constantly be doing color changeovers.

Think big picture here.
 

Registered
Joined
61 Posts
Depends on the type of market in the country. The shoppers in the U.S. tend to buy what's available on the lot. Ordering cars from the factory is not a pervasive purchase model over here.
Since we wanted air suspension on our XC-60 and our dealership said there wasn't a single one in the USA (at their time of searching the entire inventory) with that option we did a factory order. Glad we did since we received a decent discount without haggling and a trip for two to Sweden. :geek:
 
  • Like
Reactions: kDiqq
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Top