SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2021, V60 CC
118 Posts
Gray can also be not boring. It can be young, sporty, outdoorsy and works well with black contrasts. Gray keeps good-looking when dirty and ages well. I can't say the same about other darker colours.

Fusion red in this car makes one of my favourite Volvo design cues disappear: the tall taillights.

I like the metallic red-orange paint a lot, though.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have never understood people who seek the opinion of others on car forums about car paint
Do you also ask about a girl who is better, black-haired, blonde, brown-haired, wich colors her eyes and the like ....

Buy what you like and not what others like
Hey, people do ask others "is that girl pretty". :)

·
Registered
2021, V60 CC
118 Posts
I have never understood people who seek the opinion of others on car forums about car paint
Do you also ask about a girl who is better, black-haired, blonde, brown-haired, wich colors her eyes and the like ....

Ignoring the analogy of a person to a car colour…

Let's let others ask what they want and not what you like.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

Not so long ago someone asked the same question, and you know it’s interesting, most who wrote that Denim Blue is nicer to them AND THEY ALL HAVE cars of a different color.

Funny isn't it :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Curious about other reasons than personal color preference, such as keeping / showing dirt.

·
Registered
129 Posts

It’s not like it’s a poll. People share reasons in discussion boards like this. Then the original poster makes a decision after hearing input from others, often-times input they may not have though of on their own.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
is silver dawn a new silver color code because it just looks like Bright Silver Metallic to me.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm curious to see how Silver Dawn looks in real life. Seems PR photos try to pitch it as like a sandstone color, vs. silvery-silver.

Personally, when the time comes, I'll be looking for a light color with less pop than white, less silver/metal than current silver. So maybe there will be an answer for me w/in the range of Glacier Silver, Silver Dawn, Birch Light on various vehicles. And/or other colors than land for SPA2. We'll see.

I've got Ruby Red on 2004 XC90, love it, too bad Ford seemed to have kept it from Volvo. Fusion Red is a bit bright/orange for my personal taste, but I do like having something that's somewhat less common.

Reactions: adrianmtl

·
Registered
98 Posts

You won't get far analyzing his logic. He is combative for the sake of being combative...

Not so long ago someone asked the same question, and you know it’s interesting, most who wrote that Denim Blue is nicer to them AND THEY ALL HAVE cars of a different color.

Funny isn't it :D
C'mon, I know you understand opinions change. Yours always varies based on who you're trying to pick an argument with. Remember the weird thread you started about Volvo being racist or something because they released map data at different rates for different regions? Several people pointed out Volvo uses the same map data source as German brands and then the thread was deleted and you never mentioned them being racist again. This is similar. Sometimes people's opinion on colors change. Let folks have their fun, leave them alone.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I just want volvo to have more colors. The current colors for Polestar Engineered cars is depressing.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sweetness9

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just want volvo to have more colors. The current colors for Polestar Engineered cars is depressing.

Tell me about it 😭. I just went to order a 2022 XC60 Polestar Engineered and was told that Osmium Grey was removed for ALL Volvos for the 2022 MY. They replaced it with Thunder Grey and Platinum Grey. For whatever insane reason, Volvo decided Thunder Grey was the more attractive option for Polestar models rather than the Platinum. IMO, Thunder is hideous with it's blue tones and flat look, especially once you add in the black trim pieces for the Polestar. I wound up having to go with Crystal White, which at least out of the two blacks, one gray, one white, and one silver available wasn't my first choice, but I liked the pearl effect and contrast with the black trim pieces.

I want to strangle the damn designer that decided to remove Osmium and replace it with Thunder.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Thunder grey is a great color though. But heaven forbid they do something like allow Passion Red on a Polestar Engineered V60. They might not be able to keep up with orders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thunder grey is a great color though. But heaven forbid they do something like allow Passion Red on a Polestar Engineered V60. They might not be able to keep up with orders.

It might appeal to some, definitely not myself in this case, but the straight facts are that it looks like garbage in comparison with how Platinum Grey looks on the Polestar trim if it were available.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking to order XC60 MY22. Unfortunately, on MY22 bursting blue is no longer available. What would you choose between Silver Dawn or Fusion Red? Why?

Cheers!
S.

Although I am biased toward red (Red Fusion XC40), objectively I would never choise Silver or gray. I have seen too many of that color vehicle blend into the background on worn asphalt (gray colored) roads. I want to be visible and Ive never had a vehicle pullout in front of me (knock on wood) since I’ve had my Volvo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Colors are horrible now! Shame on them! It’s grey grey grey grey, black white.

The R is the way to go though! Enjoy :)

Fusion red or white would my preference without bursting blue!

need more colors, rebel blue, magic blue, passion red. Maybe a burnt orange again like the C30R!

Some other leather choices would be nice on the R as well! Beachwood or Atacama

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
I could live with Fusion Red for a year or two before I'd get tired of it then off it'd go. It's a lot of red on a largish car, at least in my minority opinion, lol.

My old XC60 was Flamenco Red and it just didn't age well.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts