SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Smythe Volvo this morning getting my 20K service done and saw three P*s in the lot. The silver one is in for service but the 2017 V60 and the 2018 S60 are about to go on sale. In case you are interested. And no, I don't work for the dealership.

[/url]20190328_105139 by Marc Benou, on Flickr[/IMG]

20190328_105503 by Marc Benou, on Flickr

[/url]20190328_105530 by Marc Benou, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added pictures

·
Registered
603 Posts
roohhh would love to know the price for the V60 Polestar
Pretty sure around 50k

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roohhh would love to know the price for the V60 Polestar
Pretty sure around 50k
Good guess. I just looked it up on their website. They are asking 47K. The car has 12k miles on it. It looked pretty good sitting in the lot. I have to admit, I did not look at it as a prospective buyer. More like, I'm bored waiting for my oil change. oh look, Polestars. Maybe a half step above a dog spotting a squirrel.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Good guess. I just looked it up on their website. They are asking 47K. The car has 12k miles on it. It looked pretty good sitting in the lot. I have to admit, I did not look at it as a prospective buyer. More like, I'm bored waiting for my oil change. oh look, Polestars. Maybe a half step above a dog spotting a squirrel.
They must have changed the price because it's now at $45.5k

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Blue wagon missing winglets.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Only on 2018's I do believe.
Many Volvo dealerships decide not to install the winglets and leave it up to the customer on whether they want them installed or not. If they decide they don't want them, the dealership just gives them the box with the winglets uninstalled and the direction sheet.

When I bought mine from the original owner, he gave me the winglets and I installed them myself before having the entire front getting a clear bra.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Many Volvo dealerships decide not to install the winglets and leave it up to the customer on whether they want them installed or not. If they decide they don't want them, the dealership just gives them the box with the winglets uninstalled and the direction sheet.

When I bought mine from the original owner, he gave me the winglets and I installed them myself before having the entire front getting a clear bra.
Hmmmm... I didn't know that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
True , it was a transportation concern, clearance coming off the delivery truck
We purchased in Rhode Island and had it shipped to California , in 2014
Winglets were in the back of the car in the box described, above

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the V60

Great car, corporate owned before. Had to repair some of the front due to mis-use before sale. Also had new tires and rotors after 12K miles, must have been driven hard before by some corporate numpty. S60 still there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great car, corporate owned before. Had to repair some of the front due to mis-use before sale. Also had new tires and rotors after 12K miles, must have been driven hard before by some corporate numpty. S60 still there.
Congrats! Photos soon we hope.

Mike

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Congrats. Not necessarily driven hard though. Many of us have gotten new rotors under warranty (I think driving conservatively like I do makes the brake issue worse) and the OEM Michelins only really last around 12-15k miles anyway. Post some pics when you get a chance and join the FB group, that's where most of the discussion is around these cars.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
This is very reassuring then that Smythe Volvo disclosed the damage and is now complying with New Jersey Law. Took significant prodding, but glad to see they are doing the right thing and were open and honest with the sale.

Good luck with the V60 and hope she brings you many years of roadworthy happiness.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Bit disheartening a Volvo Employee wouldn't baby a Polestar, since I doubt dealerships loan these limited edition cars out to just "anyone". However, Smythe did tell OP the vehicle's history, and OP knew of damage before purchasing, so now we can only hope this Polestar has found a Happy New Home.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Bit disheartening a Volvo Employee wouldn't baby a Polestar, since I doubt dealerships loan these limited edition cars out to just "anyone". However, Smythe did tell OP the vehicle's history, and OP knew of damage before purchasing, so now we can only hope this Polestar has found a Happy New Home.
Baby a Polestar? Since when a Polestar was designed and made to be babied? Plus, these tires do not have any useful life between 12k to 14k miles, at best. They are very sticky and they will not last past the low teens.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Baby a Polestar? Since when a Polestar was designed and made to be babied? Plus, these tires do not have any useful life between 12k to 14k miles, at best. They are very sticky and they will not last past the low teens.
I own an R to drive it like an R. And almost bought a P* to drive it exactly like its meant to be driven.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective, but if you don't own something, don't break it. So yes, the X Volvo employee borrowing the vehicle, has no business driving like a jackass in a company car. Whether or not this car is capable of some outstanding performance. Especially in a vehicle that is a limited production and will quite clearly be listed for sale once the X employee finishes his or her run with the car.

P.S....Showing off is for ownership.....Because if you do break or damage, the only one affected is you.

In this case, Polestar has a repair due to prior damage, which will clearly have a negative effect on pricing. Look a the thread with Smythe Volvo for proof of concept. The V90 T6R-Design was listed at $57,000 after buying back from previous owner. Damage resulted in a repaint of drivers side....The price has now dropped to $49,500,continues to fall, and still no takers..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts