SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to add the side scuff plates from the P3 models to a P2 XC70?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,686 Posts
A p2 version exists

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Europe? Those look great! You find, and I'll be interested too.

There are the plates for the p2 model. I can’t find an original set anywhere.
The p3 set is more readily available.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If it's just the black plastic, previous owner bent one and I had to replace it. Got one at a junkyard.
The bottom push pieces that hold it on... I had to ruin most to get them out; ordered new ones.
fcp: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-plastic-rivet-aftermarket-9133417
There are like.. 5? of them on the bottom. On the car I removed it from (don't remember the year, S60) it had push pins up front, but on my V70 they had 3 rivets up front.
Then the whole thing slides forward. The clips that it 'slides' on and push into the top of the floor... Between the 2 cars, of the 10 clips, I broke 6.. Should prob order some of those too.
V Part: 30784514
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/products/Volvo/2004/V70/Plastic-rivet/1176729/9133417.html
Maybe one of those will show you the part? I didn't care enough to poke too much around. Found the C30s, they wanted ~300 for it; they call it a 'protecting plate, left
'. Don't know how it's held on.
Hope that helps a tiny bit?​

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
That seems redundant. Isn't that what the plastic cladding is for in the first place?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I bought a set from JRL a while back. They are impossible to find. I still haven’t gotten around to installing them.
I was able to get all new mounting hardware!
Seriously?
It's only been what...3-4 YEARS?????

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought a set from JRL a while back. They are impossible to find. I still haven’t gotten around to installing them.
I was able to get all new mounting hardware!
Well, are you interested in selling them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I can get two used side scuffs. Problem is, they are both from right side. In XC70 mk3 they are visibly narrower in the front and broader at the back. In mk2 it seems they should be interchangeable. Only "XC" letters should be put to rear wheels. Do you know if I can really put right one to the left side (will it fit, not looking bad?) Thx for comments!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts