SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the car with the car off and the mirrors out. I happened to touch the housing of the passenger mirror and it had about 1-2 mm of play in it (the housing, not the mirror itself). No play on the driver side.

I was starting to get annoyed but figured I'd retract and then put them out again and see what happens. After doing this, there is no play on either side.

Any ideas why would this be?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I believe the mirror housings are suppose to give a little when bumped into. Perhaps this is what happened?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have this too - almost feels like it's loose or something isn't tightened all the way. It's not the "give" of when it folds in but something else. On my list for the dealer checkup tomorrow!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this too - almost feels like it's loose or something isn't tightened all the way. It's not the "give" of when it folds in but something else. On my list for the dealer checkup tomorrow!
Exactly. Please let me know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I was told that is within normal tolerances.

AND was just told that the passenger side mirror wind noise issue (for which Volvo already issued a service bulletin) could not be reproduced, so no fix for me :( Of course they couldn't reproduce it in the pouring rain! /rant

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told that is within normal tolerances.
/rant
Did they show you the spec tolerences? Did you check other cars on the lot?

This is BS in a $40k car.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
No, they didn't, but I did not push it. I have to tread lightly and pick my spots, since they are the only dealer in town who will give me a loaner during service since I did not purchase the car locally.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I'm confused. Why would this be a problem?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, they didn't, but I did not push it. I have to tread lightly and pick my spots, since they are the only dealer in town who will give me a loaner during service since I did not purchase the car locally.

I'm persona non grata at every car dealer I've dealt with (except the Toyota dealer where I bought my wife's old Camry - and I think that had something to do with the fact that that car was so reliable and robust that I never actually had ro go back to the dealer after I bought it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts