SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in an apartment complex and I came out to my car this morning to see that my driver side mirror has popped off where it would swivel. Is there a way that it can "pop" back on? I don't know if there is some clip that may have broken off that I didn't see. Everywhere I look I just see posts or videos about the glass coming off, or replacing the entire side mirror. I will try and upload pictures later as I am at work right now. Just wondering if this has happened to someone else and if its an easy fix, or will I have to buy a whole new mirror assembly.

Thanks,
Michael

I tried to add just the images but they didn't show up so here is a link to some photos. Someone mentioned a new base, would I just need the piece that holds the mirror to the car?

https://imgur.com/a/FeZxTqK

·
Registered
852 Posts
My glass popped off one day, I just used 3M double sided adhesive as a fix to hold it on till I felt like buying a replacement. Downsides are it vibrates a little more then the other mirror thats held on properly, but its held for about two years now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem isn't the glass, its the whole mirror where it connects to the base. I'll update the thread in a few hours with pictures when I can get some.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Happened to one of my cars a few years ago, crappy metal that holds two halves together cracked. I managed to fix mine with parts from another mirror. What year and color is your car? I may have a replacement for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happened to one of my cars a few years ago, crappy metal that holds two halves together cracked. I managed to fix mine with parts from another mirror. What year and color is your car? I may have a replacement for you.
Its a 2006 Titanium Grey Metallic

·
3,899 Posts
Powerfolding mirror time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts