SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a reputable upholsterer that will re-stitch a driver seat cover while maintaining proper airbag deployment? I've had 2 shops turn me away because they don't want the liability.

I understand their concern, but someone out there has to know how to stitch it with the right thread and pattern to allow for break-away during airbag deployment.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I was also turned away when taking my car to an auto upholstery shop.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Subscribed. I too am interested in doing this.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I had the guy from Color Glo restitch mine when he dyed it. The dye job isn't holding up as well as I'd have liked but the stitching looks good.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the guy from Color Glo restitch mine when he dyed it. The dye job isn't holding up as well as I'd have liked but the stitching looks good.
This is why I dyed the seat myself. I'll be posting a new thread, "Leatherique part III", tomorrow.

But I need stitching done. if they wont do it, i'll just take it to a shoe repair shop. ;)

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Someone restitched my DS bolster. Want me to get pictures?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YES!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Here ya go.

And I'm on the same page as Stealthy, Atacama swap! Especially since there's an 04 VR Atacama interior near me for $1k... The problem is I can think of other more important ways to spend that $1k...

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but now, that wont cut it for me. I want professional/perfection. My leather isn't torn, and the skin is off the seat, so I can def send it out to be done properly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, but now, that wont cut it for me. I want professional/perfection. My leather isn't torn, and the skin is off the seat, so I can def send it out to be done properly.
Is there any way you can update the links in the leatherique forums that are under the repair index? I am looking at getting this for the rejuvinator and could not see the stuff painted on as it says.

Not to sidetrack but I was wanting to see the stuff painted on as it says.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any way you can update the links in the leatherique forums that are under the repair index? I am looking at getting this for the rejuvinator and could not see the stuff painted on as it says.

Not to sidetrack but I was wanting to see the stuff painted on as it says.
I noticed that tonight.

Ive updated those links a half dozen times. FB keeps changing the URLs of their images, its pissing me off.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Also interested in finding an answer to the seat restitching question. Mine has been bothering me for a while now, but can't find a place to do it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know, I know...

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts