SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recently changing my upper engine mount and plugs, im get this weird shuttering vibration only while idling, its not too abnoxious, but it just feels like something could be wrong. It only lasts like a second but it happens often. Now I know most of you will just tell me to get it scanned with VIDA/DICE but does anyone know what it could be or if it relates to the things I just changed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
After recently changing my upper engine mount and plugs, im get this weird shuttering vibration only while idling, its not too abnoxious, but it just feels like something could be wrong. It only lasts like a second but it happens often. Now I know most of you will just tell me to get it scanned with VIDA/DICE but does anyone know what it could be or if it relates to the things I just changed.
check your plugs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt change out the lower tranny-engine mount yet which is crappy and old, i wonder if the change in the upper mount (which was in terrible condition and was shrunk to half its size) caused this, either that or a bad coil is my guess

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did the plugs about 5 days ago and did the job fine, but i may check again.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Are you replacing the mounts with OEM bushing or poly? Chances are because your replaced one mount the other wore mounts are causing the vibration. Change out all wore engine and trans mounts with OEM bushings and the vibration will go away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you replacing the mounts with OEM bushing or poly? Chances are because your replaced one mount the other wore mounts are causing the vibration. Change out all wore engine and trans mounts with OEM bushings and the vibration will go away.
I did poly on the hopes i wouldnt have to worry about changing them for awhile, but yeah i shoulda changed both

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its more of like a momentary like stall or stutter from the engine its hard to describe

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have the same issue. When warming up my car in the mornings I can hear it outside kind of stutter. But only does it cold. Was thinking along the lines of maybe a coil being faulty until things warm up. But no CEL, so I'm not going crazy over it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Over 100K miles?
If so, have you cleaned your throttle body?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i havent cleaned the throttle body and i will clean the MAF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts