SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past several months I have been having a shudder issue. It would only occur between 1500-2000 RPMs and usually while there was an extra load present (ie going up a hill, etc). It progressively got worse and was able to get the tech to go for a ride and feel it (first time out a few weeks ago he drove it and could not feel it, but it was less noticable then). They are replacing both front axels. I will be interested to see if this fully solves it, it is an odd problem, no codes, feels like a mis fire but slightly different and does not affect power Etc. Just passing this along for anyone else, the car is the 09 in my sig, and to see what you guys think. I will update the post, the axels are ordered.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The axels came in and were installed, the shudder is still present, but reduced. The dealer still has the car, oh well at least I have a T5 to play with.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
regional factrory rep drove the car, contacted engineering and they are replacing the transmission. belive the problem is the tourqe converter. The damaged trans will go to Sweden for analysis. First one in US I'm told (with the 3.2). rep stated that maybe a handful world wide.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
regional factrory rep drove the car, contacted engineering and they are replacing the transmission. belive the problem is the tourqe converter. The damaged trans will go to Sweden for analysis. First one in US I'm told (with the 3.2). rep stated that maybe a handful world wide.
Well at least it's not common and they're taking care of it!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's annoying but they are taking care of it the net effect is 2 new axels, already in and a new transmission. figure Ill be 7-$10k up by the time they are done and it's all covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts