SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new transmission is installed and the shudder issue is gone:D, the old trans is being shipped to Sweden, where they will install it in an S80, for analysis to find out how/why it failed. If VCNA follows up with the dealer (Brown Daub, Nazareth PA:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:) they will let me know what they find, just for giggles.

between the time they installed the axels and the trans, the blue part of the steering wheel emblem fell off. Fix is going to be $960 in parts (entire airbag assembly) and about $340 in labor, all covered under warranty;), all for an emblem that probably costs less than $1:facepalm:

I have to give kudos, to not only Brown Daub, but service writers Bob Sedlock, Dawn Ramuessen and Svc Mgr Dave Osum, awsome service, excellent techs (the two Johns)!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow, I'm glad they're still investigating the issue.

I'm also glad that i found the little blue part on the floor of my car so I could superglue it back into place. It's ridiculous that it cannot be replaced or ordered separately.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wow, that's an expensive emblem!! Keep us posted on this!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the emblem thing baffles me, I searched the car, my garage and where I park at work and could not find it (the car is really only driven to work and home, unless the wifey and I go out w/out the littles). I'm just happy it's covered.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes the emblem thing baffles me, I searched the car, my garage and where I park at work and could not find it (the car is really only driven to work and home, unless the wifey and I go out w/out the littles). I'm just happy it's covered.
Too bad the CPO warranty won't cover something like that (I'm assuming). There's still a small piece missing from mine but it looks a lot better than it did before.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check, next time your at/near the dealer. I was suprised it was covered (mine is at the cusp of rolling over to CPO from the new car, 46.6k miles). I have a very good 10 year, 4 vehicle relationship with brown daub. It also helps that I bribe them with farm fresh eggs a few times a year.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
replaced the other day, happy that they covered it, they did have to get clearance from a rep of some sort before ordering, Now the damn washer bottle is leaking....nother trip to the dealer as soon as the parts are in (pump and bottle).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well at least it's relatively minor in comparison. I have to take mine in to get the hood latch replaced a second time. The car keeps telling me the hood is open and it sets the alarm off when parked. It started doing it one day when it was 100 degrees out and this is less than a year after getting the hood latch replaced the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts