SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this or not. but I'm making one anyways....
Is anyone else here a BassHead like me? Here's what I have done so far...

Kenwood DDX418 Headunit

3500 watt Quantum Mono Block class D amp With Two power capacitors and 4 gauge wires.

One HC-600 Kinetik 600 watt high current audio power cell.

Two 12" AudioPipe TXX-BF12 subwoofers.

A PROBASS by ATREND box.

I have no trunk anymore, But I love the Sound of this stereo.

any distortion you hear is due to the camera on my phone... it doesnt pick up frequency like it should.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I will post some pics of my setup later. I only put one sub since I still wanted to have at least a little trunk space LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stereo seems to be the top priority there! Ever need more space in the trunk? That trunk is the size of a hard top convertible's:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no need for a trunk....only things that go in my car are my girl and my dog.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The Trunk is like a vacation for some -

It puts the lotion on it's skin...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Eclipse AVN 7000, and yes I know it doesn't have the trim piece. This is the only pic of it that I currently have, I do have the trim piece on though.

Installing my first set up, Kenwood KAC-929 and a RF 10" P2 sub. Simple but the base had some good kick. Ended up getting rid of the amp though because it kept overheating. Then put in a small MTX mono amp and it was great, no problem.

Just a cheap 1 Farad cap that didn't even really work so I chucked it.

Got rid of everything and now I'm thinking of going for better SQ. I got a never been used Kicker SX900.4, two kicker 8's for the rear deck, some newer 5 1/4" for the rear door and hopefully soon I'll be picking up some of their components for the front. Will post up some more pics when I get some.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nothing too crazy but my setup:

Clarion MAX675VDII (Double Din 7" LCD Touchscreen)

Zune Integration (controls Zune 80GB in glovebox)

An old pic, I have a superwhite LED bulb in there now; connection charges the Zune as well

Alpine PDX-F4 (4 channel Power Amplifier)

Clarion NAX970HD (GPS/Navigation Hard drive)

Back ground when no album art for track, using my Zune

·
6,436 Posts
Nothing too crazy but my setup:

Clarion MAX675VDII (Double Din 7" LCD Touchscreen)

Zune Integration (controls Zune 80GB in glovebox)

An old pic, I have a superwhite LED bulb in there now; connection charges the Zune as well

Alpine PDX-F4 (4 channel Power Amplifier)

Clarion NAX970HD (GPS/Navigation Hard drive)

Back ground when no album art for track, using my Zune

i see your S60 on UWS almost daily - i'm surprised no one has stolen that stereo, especially when you park it on Riverside. Have you had any issues with break-ins?

·
Registered
501 Posts
i see your S60 on UWS almost daily - i'm surprised no one has stolen that stereo, especially when you park it on Riverside. Have you had any issues with break-ins?
lol who steals stereos nowadays. I feel like that used to be something back in the day when radios had pull off face plate/covers, and anyway it's the UWS. I've parked in harlem, washington heights, etc. and no problems in 4+ years. plus you cant see inside at night with my tints.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I'm not at the computer with my pics, but currently have a pioneer single din unit http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gzpg0R4Mi85/p_130P7000BT/Pioneer-DEH-P7000BT.html, 600w amp sent to now a single 12" sub in a custom box that hides in the passenger side cubby in the trunk. (been through 2 different 12" boxes for 2 speakers, too much space taken though).
Stock speakers, but replacing them with components is soon on the list.
Just ordered the double din box from Volvo today so now the proper head unit search begins......

·
Registered
501 Posts
Does anyone make a double din dash kit that actually matches the climate control? The fact that they all seem slightly off bugs the crap out of me

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Does anyone make a double din dash kit that actually matches the climate control? The fact that they all seem slightly off bugs the crap out of me
Well the single din I got from Crutchfield years ago looks pretty good, but I'll have the Volvo dealer double din in my hands for a few days, sadly, it will be a while until it is installed, modifications and head unit still needed.
But I'll be able to see how it looks color/texture wise.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Well, we'll find out soon, I really hope the dealer didn't switch models on me in the middle of our phone conversation.... I'll try and find the scrap of paper I found with the part number at work tomorrow, or will wait for it in the mail. Now I'm not going to sleep at all tonight.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts