SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont see this kind of topic yet. So why dont we post pics of our c70’s?

So here is mine

Edit: forgot to add a pic with top down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
421 Posts
Here’s mine with top down

And top up:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here's a few I have of mine.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
My parking space at work today.

2009 C70 year round daily
Nice. I need a spot like that. People keep hitting my cars at work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was surprised I got it. There is usually has a brown Pilot there. It's the space behind the building sign on the roof of the Honda dealer I work at.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
That looks like a protective anti-Covid spot!!
I need a better pic of BlueBell... IMG_0759.jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm sort of sad they discontinued the c70. I get that the sales numbers weren't there. But it does make our cars look less aged when there's no new model to compare to.

It's still a beautiful car. They really nailed the proportions. Every other convertible I look at just seems off in one way or another.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sort of sad they discontinued the c70. I get that the sales numbers weren't there. But it does make our cars look less aged when there's no new model to compare to.

It's still a beautiful car. They really nailed the proportions. Every other convertible I look at just seems off in one way or another.

Must agree. Sometimes i think that pre-facelift looks better than facelift, especially the rear end

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
421 Posts
Must agree. Sometimes i think that pre-facelift looks better than facelift, especially the rear end

To me always the pre-facelift will look better than facelift. Including C30, S40 & V50.

For me 2007 is the golden year for the S40/V50 (Factory installed aux input, bigger wing mirrors and updated light dome console. Not even the upgraded T5 and the polestar tune availability outweighs the facelift design to me.

And the for C30 and C70, 2010 is the best year.
Good thing they upgraded a lot of stuff before messing with the exterior.

The only thing I hate of mine is the small wing mirrors (like the 04.5 ->06 S40/V50). I want swap those at some point.

Facelifts look like they were modernized by a KIA or Hyundai designer.

Facelift owners: Sorry, no offense intended. It’s just my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts

One pipe dream I have had was to install the post facelift rear on mine and the pre facelift C30 R Design front end and side skirts. Pair that with the Heico rear diffuser and a nice lip spoiler in the back... oh, that would look sweet. Not sure how much would have to change for the C30 body parts though, I am guessing everything ahead of the doors is slightly different except the hood.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I liked the pre-face-lift C70 the same way I liked the XC70 up until 2008. BUT, I have come to appreciate the details of the latest models and am pretty happy with our '13 C70 :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One pipe dream I have had was to install the post facelift rear on mine and the pre facelift C30 R Design front end and side skirts. Pair that with the Heico rear diffuser and a nice lip spoiler in the back... oh, that would look sweet. Not sure how much would have to change for the C30 body parts though, I am guessing everything ahead of the doors is slightly different except the hood.

I’ve seen a c70 pre-facelift with facelift front end. I believe everything has to be changed.
Somehow im not sure which front end looks better. Also been trying to figure out what to do with mine pre-facelift, i want to make it a bit more agressive, just not sure how. By plastic welding from other it may look like something from nfs underground

·
Registered
823 Posts
I did fall in love with the facelift taillights after following one around sunset a couple of years ago, enough to start wondering if they’d be plug and play on a pre-facelift... totally lost interest when I found our how much they cost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts