SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1301 - 1319 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
180 Posts
White on white looks cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
With a black car blacked out logos look great, what do people think of white out on a white car?
I like it! Matches the PE badge nicely. I'd really like inverted badges for mine (black background, white star) but lack any creative ability to make it happen

·
Registered
2020 V60 T5 R-Design, 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum
49 Posts
With a black car blacked out logos look great, what do people think of white out on a white car?

I like the flat white and am thinking of doing the black on the lower rear body kit next.
Looks great!! Nice thing about white is that almost any color will look great....really whatever you want! The white is really nice!! Lower body in white would look good too!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I don't many appearance mods...but I got a good price on the black grille and who doesn't need a cheap badge from China to top it off? Not usually into that but this car has earned a little extra R.
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

New RE-71R shoes on the summer wheels, sticky! Now I'm not saying putting essentially an auto-x "cheater" tire on the Volvo is a good idea per se. Just got a killer deal on the tires from Tire Rack, discount and a mfr rebate as Bridgestone appears to be discontinuing these, net cost was just over $500. So far I can see now the S007A I replaced, which I thought perhaps a bit too extreme, was actually a pretty good compromise for an aggressive tire on this car, they just got a bit chewed up on the track with the traditional ribbed tread. These RE-71Rs got a lot of tread noise right off the bat, to be expected though.

The cool thing about putting these tires on the wrong car, is the Volvo is pretty well sound insulated so the tread noise is not horrible. Ironically the right car would be a WRX or something, which is like a tin can on wheels for noise control. The tread noise would be deafening.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm taking over this thread lol. Great labor day sale at Riley Volvo, had to pick up the polestar exhaust tips. Good bye shiny chrome!
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
979 Posts
How was install?
Pretty simple. I assumed it was more complicated than it was, and was pleasantly surprised. On my T6 R-Design, I initially started trying to dismount the lower part of the bumper thinking it had to come off. That looked to be way more involved as I went, but that turned out to be good, if you undo the 4 torx inboard of the exhaust tips that attach the bumper cover to the heat shield, then the 2 outboard torx holding the trim below the tips, you have enough flexibility to take the tips out without lowering the muffler. 2 torx for each tip, easy enough to get to, then 2 metal tabs you pull out of their locating slots, the tip is free and you rotate toward the outside and pull it out. I do not have the exterior styling kit so don't know if there is something that needs to be removed first if you have that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks great! I like them.
No difference with installing if you have the styling kit. Its the same procedure.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
180 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Talk about subtle! That P* Engineered text is quite discreet. Looks great!
Yeah a friend of mine said the same thing, "only those who know will know" probably a good thing, not trying to pretend a got a "real" PE heh. I like the black chrome, together with the updated grille it enhances the overall black-trim R-Design look of the car. Like the "black optic" trim I like so much on the Audis.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Yeah a friend of mine said the same thing, "only those who know will know" probably a good thing, not trying to pretend a got a "real" PE heh. I like the black chrome, together with the updated grille it enhances the overall black-trim R-Design look of the car. Like the "black optic" trim I like so much on the Audis.
I'm considering those tips, I wished Polestar went with the double integrated exhaust tip look instead and did something different like a titanium look. It's a bit too subtle in my opinion and being black, the exhaust tips seem to disappear into the rear valance since it's has gloss black accents as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are more like chrome black.
Not the same black as the diffuser, therefore subtle but they do look different.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

1301 - 1319 of 1319 Posts