SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

So far only mod is tints on 21 S60(late 21). Loving the darker tint with the R-Design doors and grill. Was going to go for 35% then decided on 20%. Sort of undecided if too dark . Thoughts? Also, Ceramic Coated

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Swapped out the chrome double tips from the OE Exterior Styling Kit and put back on the Black Chrome Polestar Edition tips this afternoon.
Tight fit but was able to finagle them out without dropping the valance or exhaust. Pardon the dirt. Pretty sleek undercarriage, too...

Need: T30 bit, (4 screws total) and about an hour of free time.
Drivers # 31690776 Passenger side # 31690777 View attachment 129693 View attachment 129694 View attachment 129695 View attachment 129696 View attachment 129697 View attachment 129698 View attachment 129699 View attachment 129700
You guys are lucky to have all those nice polestar upgrades. On the V90 we really don't have much like these

·
Registered
2020 V60 T5 R-Design, 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum
49 Posts
I decided to change the color of my brake calipers. I went with yellow and I love the look. The polestar Brembos aren't in the budget at the moment, but since I'm not going to track my V60 I think I'll be fine. I used VHT brake caliper paint. Whole process took a few hours and while I only have 2800 miles on her, I rotated the tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Show of your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

Volvo is not the most accessorized make when compering to others however, I’m sure we got few in the group that have done some great stuff to their cars.

Wanted to create this thread for people to share what they have done or planning to do on your cars / wagons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I decided to change the color of my brake calipers. I went with yellow and I love the look. The polestar Brembos aren't in the budget at the moment, but since I'm not going to track my V60 I think I'll be fine. I used VHT brake caliper paint. Whole process took a few hours and while I only have 2800 miles on her, I rotated the tires.
Looks awesome! Changing caliper color is definitely on the 'To Do' list, having a hard time deciding on the color (Black,Red or Yellow) and whether to paint or powdercoat. Between work and my lil ones, just don't have the time to do it myself.

Did you paint one side at a time or the front then the rear?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks awesome! Changing caliper color is definitely on the 'To Do' list, having a hard time deciding on the color (Black,Red or Yellow) and whether to paint or powdercoat. Between work and my lil ones, just don't have the time to do it myself.

Did you paint one side at a time or the front then the rear?
I put all 4 corners up on jack stands and did all 4 at once. If I didn't have the stands, I would have done a side at a time. The longest part was cleaning (which wasn't much to be honest) and then masking them up. Painting was easy about an hour, only took one can and got in 5 full coats on each with two calipers needing a few areas of spots touch ups. I did it all after work yesterday...all in about 3 hours and then let them sit overnight. I don't know if I'll pay the extra to have them powder coated, I guess we'll see how well the paint holds up. I've got a great local place (I Had My Brake Calipers Restored And I'll Never Go Back To Rebuilding Them Myself) when/if the time comes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put all 4 corners up on jack stands and did all 4 at once. If I didn't have the stands, I would have done a side at a time. The longest part was cleaning (which wasn't much to be honest) and then masking them up. Painting was easy about an hour, only took one can and got in 5 full coats on each with two calipers needing a few areas of spots touch ups. I did it all after work yesterday...all in about 3 hours and then let them sit overnight. I don't know if I'll pay the extra to have them powder coated, I guess we'll see how well the paint holds up. I've got a great local place (I Had My Brake Calipers Restored And I'll Never Go Back To Rebuilding Them Myself) when/if the time comes.
I was trying to figure out the best spot to place the jack stands

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Okay I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know how you got all four corners on jack stands for the floor jack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OGS60

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just jack it up in the front on the side of the frame bolts holding the mount point and place the jack either on the other bolt or the mount depending on how much room you got. On the rear, either jack it on the jack point and place the jack where the rear arm connects to the body or vice versa, again depending on the angle you came at with your jack. The front is definitely more dependent on coming in at the right angle to make sure there is room, where as the rear is super easy.

·
Registered
2019 S60t6
52 Posts
got a few more things done.

Finally got the eyebrow tint for the windshield done.
And got the Headlights and Taillights tinted, (this was more about enriching the color appearance than anything else).
Also got the Sub setup installed with the control head mounted in that dinky little compartment in front of the shifter.
Although it did require some surgery to the center console to get it to fit so that the compartment slide cover would close without interference.
I mounted the Amp and 1 Farad Capacitor in the trunk, the subs were slim/small enough to be fitted under the front seats. The Amp takes about a minute to remove with the Amphenol quick disconnect connector, so that access to the battery is still no more difficult than originally intended.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Swapped out the chrome double tips from the OE Exterior Styling Kit and put back on the Black Chrome Polestar Edition tips this afternoon.
Tight fit but was able to finagle them out without dropping the valance or exhaust. Pardon the dirt. Pretty sleek undercarriage, too...

Need: T30 bit, (4 screws total) and about an hour of free time.
Drivers # 31690776 Passenger side # 31690777 View attachment 129693 View attachment 129694 View attachment 129695 View attachment 129696 View attachment 129697 View attachment 129698 View attachment 129699 View attachment 129700
Wait a minute, what is that exhaust flap?! I don't have such a thing on my 21 PE

Edit: just checked, it does have the flap. Never noticed it, do we know when this opens/closes? Seems to be open by default (was in AWD last time I drove it)

Perhaps it closes during idle/startup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wait a minute, what is that exhaust flap?! I don't have such a thing on my 21 PE

Edit: just checked, it does have the flap. Never noticed it, do we know when this opens/closes? Seems to be open by default (was in AWD last time I drove it)

Perhaps it closes during idle/startup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the motor is off it is open, you can unplug it then to get more sound. It defaults to open on cold starts and then closes unless in Dynamic or Polestar or you are hard on gas.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo V60 R-Design T6 AWD PoleStar Optimized, Bursting Blue
9 Posts
I installed a Stealth Hitch to carry my bikes. Installation was relatively easy, except for the center block (big billet block) which was a very tight fit in the hitch itself. I had to use some lubricants and a hammer to get it there and align the holes. Pretty satisfied with the outcome. Only problem is price, especially here in Canada!:oops:

·
Registered
2021 S60 T6 Momentum
3 Posts
Got the polestar update installed on my S60. The guys at @rileyvolvo did a great job doing the install just in a couple of hours. Their sale price combined with Costco discount made for a pretty attractive offer. Going to enjoy this thing even more now!

1261 - 1280 of 1319 Posts