SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1317 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Show of your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

Volvo is not the most accessorized make when compering to others however, I’m sure we got few in the group that have done some great stuff to their cars.

Wanted to create this thread for people to share what they have done or planning to do on your cars / wagons.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To start... this is the list I'm planning as the car is just ordered.

-PPF full front + A pillar
-Front windows tinted
-Weather tech mats
- Volvo design cargo box

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have already removed my muffler and replaced with a Flow Master. Next mods are
- upgrade to larger brakes, maybe a 6 pot
- 19" x 8.5" wheels (if they fit)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already removed my muffler and replaced with a Flow Matter. Next mods are
- upgrade to larger brakes, maybe a 6 pot
- 19" x 8.5" wheels (if they fit)

That’s sweet upgrades!! Are you reply the gold polestar brakes for BBK? What you thinking Brembo? I know a source for Brembos at a killer price if that’s wha let you thinking. I also would be interested in getting the stock Polestar parts from you if your selling them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like the Polestar brakes, but I don't like the gold colors. Brembos might be the way to go, especially the blue powder coated ones

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the Polestar brakes, but I don't like the gold colors. Brembos might be the way to go, especially the blue powder coated ones

What I’m hearing is you get new brakes from my guy and I buy ur set 🥳 we both win. If you interested and want to know more send me a PM

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Installed OEM mudflaps over the weekend on my S60. They're nice and subtle and do a great job. We had tons of snow today and there was almost no direct spray on the side of the car right behind the wheels

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installed OEM mudflaps over the weekend on my S60. They're nice and subtle and do a great job. We had tons of snow today and there was almost no direct spray on the side of the car right behind the wheels
That’s a nice weekend modification! How hard was the install? You have any pictures before and afterwards?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had my V60 for a 4 months now but have did the following right after taking possession:

- Xpel ppf full front, roofline, doorcups and luggage strip
- CS-II Titanium ceramic coating
- Windows tinted to 35%
- OEM mudflaps, load bars, winter mats and rubber cargo mat
- OEM 18" Winter Tire package
- Stealth Hitch 2" hitch

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a couple in the works.
-front lip: purchased just waiting g to lift it to install.
-custo.e exhaust with quad tips in the works.
-blacking out the chrome and grills. And mirror caps
- installing 20" polestar rims
-addjng polestar or racechip mod for more power.
- installing full carbon fiber interior trim...
-installing r design diffuser..
And much more!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
And much more!

Nice...how hard is it to wrap the grill trim in black vinyl? I am planning on doing that as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did you get the front lip form (if you don't mind me asking)? I've been looking out for one for months, but haven't found anything that I think will fit.

I also have the exterior styling kit, so not sure if that will interfere.

·
Registered
465 Posts
a pain in the ass!
i wrapped my S4 it was a joke, but the fact that the volvo grill is like a deep dish its hard..
I had to scrap that piece and didnt have the patience to start again.. plasti dip is sooo much easier for this type of grill

·
Registered
465 Posts
Where did you get the front lip form (if you don't mind me asking)? I've been looking out for one for months, but haven't found anything that I think will fit.

I also have the exterior styling kit, so not sure if that will interfere.
its actually the kit for an S90. i took a chance and it fits, i had it resprayed matte black, gloss black made it look too cheap...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the info! I'm going to find one and give it a try.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That’s a nice weekend modification! How hard was the install? You have any pictures before and afterwards?
Very easy as long as you're comfortable taking off the wheels. and drilling one hole through the fender liner. Fronts just screw in, rears screw in and use a single rivet on the inner most aspect. The OEM install instructions are on the volvo official parts page.

Here's after photos, you honestly can barely even notice the mudflaps unless you're looking

rear

front

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very easy as long as you're comfortable taking off the wheels. and drilling one hole through the fender liner. Fronts just screw in, rears screw in and use a single rivet on the inner most aspect. The OEM install instructions are on the volvo official parts page.

Here's after photos, you honestly can barely even notice the mudflaps unless you're looking

rear

front

Thanks for the pictures this is definitely a nice upgrade without making it look like a 4x4 gone pull the trigger on getting them for my car.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And much more!

That’s a great start and a awesome list to go!!! Definitely keep up posted.

What’s the plan on the carbon trim where are you getting it from and are you planning on doing it yourself, The install? I was considering that for my V60 as well as I love the SQ5 carbon trim I got right now.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was originally gonna go the cheaper route and get it wrapped but the same company that did my s4 is able to make a 1 off of the volvo trim... well see how it goes.
I'll keep you all posted

1 - 20 of 1317 Posts