SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mates are trying to fit in a 5 speed auto into a 98 T5. But after installing the tranny, it can only go as high as 3rd gear. Can we just reflash the TCU, or do we have change it to a 5 speed TCU? I'm asking because I dont have a 5 speed TCU. We only have the tranny which we was told came from a 99 V70.
I thought it was a plug and play affair and completely forgot about the TCU (how that happened during the entire duration of installing of a tranny, beats the hell out of me too..)

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Shoving in a 5 speed auto in a 98 T5. (240racer)

This cannot be done.
This car doesn't have the electronic capability to use that transmission
You actually did this without researching this before you started???!!!

Not too bright here.

You would have been better off to do a manual conversion.
Put the 4 speed back in

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
LOL ouch

·
Registered
15,672 Posts
Re: Shoving in a 5 speed auto in a 98 T5. (240racer)

Interesting- car originally came with a 4 speed, but now with the 5 speed installed it's now a 3 speed. I guess I'd go back to the 4 speed. Good luck.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Shoving in a 5 speed auto in a 98 T5. (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
No 1999s even came with a 5-speed auto.
The tranny had to have come from a 2000 NA

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess the salvage guy meant YOM 99 not MY 99.

I've fitted back a 4 speeder in my car. I though since the 5 speder parts no 1208915 it's a bit older than the 4 speed 1208955 and will run just fine. Hell even the TCU slot and harnesses looks the same.

There's a Big FAIL written across my forehead right now. Cant blame me for trying even though it's futile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.