SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's XC60 was recently gently bumped on the rear end and I have been dealing with insurance for fixing her XC60RD up. I had to order about 12 parts for the rear (lots of small components designed to break on impact).

I searched for part numbers based off of what the insurance adjuster gave me and BVV had the best total prices around (including shipping). I saw they had excellent reviews and pulled the trigger on over $1600 in parts ($3000 MSRP).

24 hours later I got an email from the dealership stating that 2 of the parts would not fit on my car (entered the VIN). I have not had someone double check that thoroughly before, and they saved me a TON of headache. I had also ordered the rear bumper (main component) in the wrong color. They are all the same part number, I thought the different colors would be a different part number. HUGE save there.

After sorting out the parts, they gave me a new total and drop shipped the parts from NJ. They were in my garage less than 24 hours after confirming the order. In fact the parts showed up before the charge was pending on my account and I got the invoice this morning (parts arrived yesterday).

I am amazed by their service staff, genuine care about the order, and support through the process. I am excited to say that every single part arrived as a perfect replacement and everything was packed neatly and safely (not BVV since they drop shipped, but still).

So thanks to Boston Volvo Village and their parts department. I would recommend them over any online vendor even if their prices may be a bit higher for the part. Double check shipping too, cause it was WAY lower than a few other online vendors.

Two thumbs up, 5 stars, etc. I am a customer for life!

Kevin

Pics: https://goo.gl/photos/yRWb7qvJskLPvyU77

·
Registered
297 Posts
Great to hear! Thanks for the post - they're almost in my back yard. I'll keep that in mind when looking for parts.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ill also keep this in mind. I was there once and I remember the parts guy being especially nice, just never ordered from them.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Parts manager there is good, service and their prices.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts manager there is good, service and their prices.....:rolleyes:
Prices for parts beat anything I could find online. I don't have "resources" though...

This review was only for parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts